Chapter 33- Odd and Freaky.

You guys know the drill. I post an amazing, show-stopping, teeth-pulling, toe-grinding, hair-ragging, Oscar worthy, chalkboard-scratching, tear-building chapter and you guys praise me endlessly by commenting, which I read and cry, usually from laughter.

---

Brynn walked alongside Ezra as he navigated them through the trees. Sort of alongside, really. She wasn't so much as lacking behind as she was trying to keep an appropriate distance between because they'd actually just had a conversation with no yelling and she didn't want to ruin whatever had just happened so she's doing everything in her power to not bug him.

And apparently, walking beside him was a way to do that, so she decided not to.

She wasn't so bold to start conversation. She didn't know what Ezra liked to talk about or if he would even answer to a conversation starter she made.

How did one even start conversation with Ezra? The only interest he had, which Brynn knew about, was boxing. But Brynn didn't know anything about boxing. Maybe she'd have to look it up sometime.

Surprisingly, Ezra started speaking first. "Yesterday," he began and his footsteps got slower until Brynn was actually within three feet away of his right side, "when I yelled at you."

They kept walking, side-by-side, but Ezra was the only one taking side glances downwards to Brynn, whose eyes remained on every step she took on the earthy ground. She was listening, though.

"I shouldn't have said," he began, moving his face, a little uncomfortable. "I shouldn't have said what I said." He looked down and then away, now re-entering the actual garden.

Brynn nodded, now not having a valid reason to look at her feet. She was walking on stable, straight ground now. Now she could feel the damp grass brush across her ankles, the feeling equivalent to the one of having a harsh winter breeze swipe past your cheek. She was listening, though.

"I shouldn't have told you to... you know," she answered, guiltily, after deciding that keeping her eyes on her feet wouldn't hurt.

Ezra didn't respond, and then they were at the bottom of the stone steps, where Brynn had started her evening. Ezra didn't stop walking, so Brynn didn't until they were both at the kitchen patio doors.

Brynn was the first to step in and Ezra after. However, Brynn was the only one who went to sit at the kitchen island, Ezra kept walking through the kitchen to the door.

Brayden stood next to the blender on the counter top, one glass of smoothie in his right hand with his eyes following Ezra's movement suspiciously until the man had left the room.

Once gone, Brayden looked back at Brynn, smiling. "Here you are, sweetheart," he placed the glass on the counter and slid it over, "freshly made, just for you."

Brynn lifted her right hand, in time to have the cool glass meet her fingertips. "Thank you."

Brayden turned to pick up his own identical glass, turning back. "Anytime, sorellina." He went to take a sip from his own, leading Brynn to look down at hers. She was promised no vegetables in it, like spinach, which Brayden disgustedly liked to have, and the colour of the drink was dark purple, which meant good fruits.

Her analysis was correct. It was a good smoothie.

She placed the glass back down onto the counter, licking her upper lip, as Brayden also placed his down.

The two didn't do anything else. Now it was awkwardly silent. It hadn't been awkwardly silent with Brayden for a while now.

Brynn stared at the marble counter, licking her upper lip again, but this time the sweet taste of smoothie wasn't picked up.