Part 28

If anyone has any ideas for something cute that could happen in this then let me know!

Olivia

We walked into the costume shop, and I instantly smiled. I love Halloween, and what makes it better is that this year, lily is matching costumes with me. We're going to a Halloween party with my friends, and it's in two days.
We scan through the costumes, showing each other some as we go.
"What will you be comfortable wearing?" I ask, as she looks at an Incredible Hulk suit.
"Anything really, nothing too showy but I don't mind if it's revealing. Are you okay with that?"
I shake my head, she hasn't quite gotten used to a non toxic partner yet.
"Babe, Of course I'm okay with that." I say, bringing her into a brief side hug. "It's not my place to tell you what you can or can't wear." I kiss the top of her head and let her go, carrying on my search for the perfect costume, not missing Lily's smile as I walk away.
"What about this?" She asks, picking up a joker and Harley Quinn set.
"Yeah that's cool. Or this?" I say, gesturing to the angel, devil set. I know so basic😭but I can't think of anything else, I'm not American so I don't have much clue what people wear for Halloween.
The devils is a red suit, with black bits and devil horns and the angel is a white dress with a halo and wings.
"I like that one." Lily says, pointing at the angel one. "It'll look even cooler with your whole face situation going on."
"We'll get that then."I reply, picking it up, and taking it to the till.

"Just this?" The woman asks, scanning it.
"Yes thank you." I reply.
"Forty dollars fifty please." She says, smiling politely at me, as I tap my card on the machine.
"Thank you."

We walk out the shop, and stop outside so I can put my card back into my wallet.
"I'll play half of it back later." Lily says, and I shake my head.
"Nah I've got it. Don't worry."
She's about to protest but I take hold of her hand and start walking, she looks done at our hands and smiles, dropping the subject of paying me back. We get back to her house and I pass her the angel costume.
"seven on Friday?" I ask, checking if that's a good time to arrive before the party.
"Yep, sounds good to me."
I smile and nod "alright, I'll see you then."
"Text me?" She asks, sounding like she's doubting I will.
I pull her in by her waist and kiss her.
"Obviously."
She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me again, before we both let go.
"Bye." She says smiling at me.
"Bye lils."