Chapter 6

Link fervently looked down at his phone as it buzzed for about the millionth time. It probably hadn't been the smartest idea to have his work accounts logged into on the device, but if he hadn't he'd be so far behind there wouldn't be any coming back. He scrolled through the notifications in his overfull inbox, letting his head fall disheartened on the seat in front of him. So maybe he should have backed off from the labs when Zelda had told him to because she was certainly coming through on her promise of making his life a living hell.

For the past few days now he'd been absolutely swamped with work, mostly having to give his approval on something or look over some plans and give them the go-ahead. But now- now it was getting to the point of insanity. He had people coming to him for approval on the smallest of things, just yesterday he had to personally allow someone to go get coffee from the machine upstairs. The list got crazier by the minute. Now the cleaners were frantically trying to get ahold of him to ask whether or not the Citrus Bomb cleaner was an appropriate scent. Apparently, it was all due to a 'concerned colleague' who had told them he was allergic to oranges. It didn't take long for him to figure out just who that colleague was.

Link angrily stuffed his phone into his pocket as the bus rolled to a stop at a familiar street. He nodded to the driver as he hopped off and headed down the street, phone buzzing wildly in his coat. It wasn't like he could ignore the messages because if he did, something important would come through and he'd miss it. The situation was less than ideal. Link made up his mind to have a little chat with Zelda when he got into the office on Monday. Of course, he knew deep down he was partially in the blame. He'd stubbornly refused to keep out of the labs, constantly stepping on her toes as he actually made some progress. But that didn't stop him from feeling any less frustrated. How could he have known the tactics she had up her sleeve to keep him busy?

Link trudged up Twi's driveway to the door and pushed it open, something delicious reaching his nose as soon as he did. He kicked off his shoes and wandered down the hall to the living room. He grinned and dumped his bag on the couch, flopping down into the soft cushions. Twi waved to him from his seat on the floor, though his view was obstructed by small hands as Roh and Zara used him as their personal jungle gym.

"Hey Wild, how was work," he asked, flipping Zara over his shoulder much to the little girl's delight.

"Peachy," Link muttered, digging his palms into his eyes as he sunk further into the couch.

"That bad, huh?" Twi stood up, one kid wrapped around his arm and the other around his leg. He frowned sympathetically when he caught the younger man's expression, "Still having problems with your co-worker?"

Link shrugged. The last thing he needed was Twi to get involved. He knew he was partially to blame, so there was no reason he should have to hear it from Twi too.

"It's just frustrating," he mumbled.

Twi nodded knowingly, dumped Zara into his lap, and tugged Roh off of his legs, "Well, Zelda should be home soon, then we can eat. Good food always cheers you up." He nodded towards the kitchen, "Mind helping me get the table set and these two strapped in?"

Zara was already climbing onto Link's shoulder as Twi walked away, her little hands tugging at his hair.

"You have pretty hair," she whispered, eyes wide, "you look like a princess."

"Do I now," Link playfully poked her in the stomach before scooping her up, "that has to be the nicest thing someone's said to me all day."

The girl sat contently in his arms as he followed his brother, her eyes wide as she became mesmerized while flicking his earring back and forth. Her lip jutted out in a pout when Link tried to set her down in her seat, hands clasping onto his shirt with an impressive grip. Finally, after much coaxing, she let go and allowed herself to be secured in a highchair next to her brother; who, coincidentally, was much more content to sit still.