Chapter 6 - Discovery

"It is done my Lord, he will wake in a few minutes," Snape said in a monotone voice looking down at the rat man with pure disgust. "Could I please do something about his appearance my Lord? He blinds me."

"And me?" the shrivelled-up creature asked from the large, comfy chair.

"My Lord, yours is temporary... unlike his," Snape explained pointing at the fat, ugly man on the ground.

"Severus, you came here to adjust his memory and break those binding spells, not change his appearance," the creature whispered.

"Yes, my Lord," Snape answered back giving the creature a small bow as he also moved to sit down in the chair behind him.

He wished he could leave and return to Hogwarts so he could sleep; not sit here waiting for a traitor to wake up after having to break multiple secrecy spells on him. It had taken many years of research on his and Lucius' part to discover the spells and circumstances required to break the spells to know the truth on who Harry Potter and Voldemort really were and what truly happened that night. Some things were just not adding up to Severus and as soon as he mentioned it to the Dark Lord (which he deeply regretted now), he began working on it with Lucius.

Pettigrew suddenly sat up and inhaled deeply.

"Finally," Severus said in a bored tone. "Shall we wait for Lucius?"

"It's his loss," the creature said. "Let's begin."

"Alright, Wormtail, is Harry really Potter's son?" Snape asked,

"Of course he was, Snape. What are you asking? Who else would or could have been the parents of the boy?" Pettigrew asked.

"It didn't work?" Snape asked. "Is there such a thing as male pregnancy?"

"It's possible- but why would there be a need for such a thing?" Pettigrew asked.

Snape sighed. He will not give up.

"I'm sorry, I failed you my Lord, I will continue but first, I must return back to the school. Mad-eye is still hard at work and has already initiated the first stage of our plan and in all due time you will get your body back, I promise," Snape said bowing again before apparating away.

"It didn't work?" a new voice asked.

"Where were you, Lucius?" the creature asked.

"I was on a search of the Secrecy Stone, my L-" the blond didn't finish before he passed out falling to the ground.

An elf immediately appeared in the room and made Lucius hover in the air and moved him out of the room.

***

"Harry Potter? HARRY POTTER!"

Harry turned to whisper to Hermione. "What? This must be a mistake. I didn't put-" she responded by shoving him to his feet.

Silence. Deafening silence.

Harry slowly got up to his feet trying to avoid as many eyes as possible as he walked towards Dumbledore who had shouted his name which had just appeared from the Goblet of Fire. Amongst the sea of eyes, he eventually met bluey-grey ones that immediately looked away with fear as bright as day being reflected in them. The other looked back at Harry with wide eyes and Harry immediately knew what he meant. They should meet that night. Harry looked ahead at Dumbledore who was stood with a stoic expression on his face when they were about a foot apart, Dumbledore slowly handed the small piece of paper to him. Whilst still in shock, he made his way to the room to the side where the Champions had gone ignoring the shouts from the other students about what had just occurred.