Kissing is Gross!

Michael kept one arm wrapped snugly around you and brought his other hand up to cup your cheek. He studied your face with an adorable grin before gently leaning forward.

"What are you doing?" Elizabeth asked. Michael froze, eyes widening in realization that the two of you weren't alone. He backed up, removing his arms from you entirely. You missed his warmth already.

"It's just a hug, Lizzie!" Michael ruffled her hair. "You know, like how you give Y/N hugs all the time."

She raised a brow, hands placed firmly on her hips. "I don't get weirdly close to their face, though!"

"Were you going to kiss?" Evan asked, peeking out from behind Michael. Your face turned red. Oh boy.

"Kiss?" Michael stuck his tongue out, pretending to be grossed out by the idea. "Kissing is disgusting, Ev! So don't you ever do it!"

"Mommy and daddy used to kiss all the time!" Elizabeth protested.

"And it was gross then too!" Michael stated, putting his hands on his hips in a mocking manner. "Kissing is how you end up with babies. And you're all too young for babies, Y/N included. So no kissing for anyone!"

"He's right, you know." You spoke up, leaning down to the kid's height. "We would never kiss. Michael was just making sure I didn't have a fever."

Elizabeth's eyes widened. "Oh, no! Y/N, do you have a fever? Are you okay? I know! Tea always makes me feel better, maybe we can make some!"

"I don't have a fever," You reassured her. "But some tea sounds lovely."

The four of you walked into the kitchen. Michael decided he was going to cook you all breakfast again, leaving you in charge of the kettle for tea. You filled it up with water and promptly set it neatly on the stove.

You and Michael made a pretty good team. Despite the kitchen being kind of small, the two of you were able to work around each other and complete everything that you needed to. In no time at all four plates of delicious food were complete, with tea on the side.

"Bacon, eggs, and toast." You commented, looking at what Michael had prepared. "What, no beans this time?"

He rolled his eyes at your teasing. "I thought you might appreciate something more American."

You giggled and set Evan and Elizabeth's plates down in front of them. Michael brought them their cups, and the two of you each carried your own plate and cup to the table.

"So how was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?" You asked the kids.

Elizabeth grinned, kicking her feet under the table. "Oh, oh! Evan and I played games all Saturday, and on Sunday we got to hang out with Charlie and Sammy at the diner!"

"Oh really now?" You thought back to yesterday. You guessed that Henry and William's solution to finding a babysitter on a Sunday was to just dump them at the diner so the poor staff could watch over them. You really hoped Gregory and the others were getting paid enough for that, though you were certain they weren't.

"Mhmm!" She grinned. "It was tons of fun! Charlie and I played a lot of those arcade games! She's very good at them, and it took me a long time to beat her!"

You turned to Evan. "What about you, kiddo? How was your weekend?"

"It was... nice. Sammy showed me Uncle Henry's office and colored pictures with me." A small smile made its way onto his face.

"And you, Michael?" You turned to look at your boyfriend, who was staring at you rather intently. It was cute when he realized he was staring and snapped out of his thoughts. A light blush came across his features.

"Oh– um. How was my weekend?" He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Well, it was probably one of the best weekends of my life... there were some minor setbacks, but... it was really, really good."

You felt your face burn up. Hearing him talk about you like that was kind of embarrassing, but also sweet. "That's good to hear," You told him.

"What about you, Y/N?" Elizabeth asked, giving you her full attention.

"Me? Well... My weekend was amazing. I got to see and do a lot of new things." You glanced at Michael. "It was the most fun I've had in a long time! Besides when I'm with you, of course."

She seemed to like your answer. The four of you continued your small talk until you were all done eating. You sent the kids on their way to get ready for the day, leaving you and Michael alone in the living room. The two of you sat down on the couch, leaving very little space between you.

Michael looked behind him for a moment, making sure the coast was clear. "How did you not get fired? After father found out what was happening he was going on about how he was going to have to fire you because of me."

"I have my ways," You smirked. "It's going to take a lot more than a little threat to fire me to keep me from you three."

He pulled you into a side-hug, nestling his head on top of yours. "I'm glad. I didn't want you to be fired just because of this." He gestured to both of you.

You laughed a little, leaning into him. "I think it might just be worth it."

He shifted, moving his head off of yours. He cupped your cheek in one hand. "Oh, love...."

Your heart skipped a beat. He was already calling you love? Just a few days ago the two of you reached nickname basis. Now you reached pet name basis? You sure were moving fast, huh.

Michael did one last check behind him to make sure the kids weren't hiding nearby. He leaned forward and pulled you into another kiss.

--

Quick A/N: I wrote this at like 2 in the morning so apologize if there's any mistakes ^^'