April 29, 2153

Lord Patrick William Howard with his brother, Lord Walter Devereux  go to door to door throughout England from April 25 to April 27, and they gather the most noble families living in England and they are " The Beaufort's,the Beauchamp, The Bourbons,  The Carey's, The Churchill's , The Collin's, The Cravens, The Devereux,  The Grey's The Habsburg, The Hastings,  The Percy's,  The Seymour's, The Stafford's, The Stanhope's and The Valois. 

On April 28, Lord Patrick William and Lord Walter Devereux take a last journey out to Bosworth field and they lay a reef of white roses where the ancestors died on August 22, 1485.  

Lord Patrick William and Lord Walter kneel at their ancestor's graves and tell them " We have to leave Planet Earth as World War III is about to begin."  

Lord Patrick William Howard and Lord Walter Devereux with their wives, Lady Penelope and Lady Mary walk away from the site where their ancestors all perished during the Battle of Bosworth field.

The next day on April 29, 2153,  headed by Lord Patrick William Howard and Lord Walter Devereux with the families arrive at Heathrow International Airport in London, England where the USS Excalibur in waiting to take them to their new home on Star Base 12.

Their Captain is  Captain Elizabeth Morgan and she welcomes them aboard to the USS Excalibur  and she explains to them "Our journey will take five years and we will take good care of you." 

"We are the best StarShip in The United Federation of Planet and Star Fleet Command." Captain Morgan explains 

Yeoman Tina Hastings is assigned to see that the passengers are taken care during their five year journey during their five year journey.

All of the families are given their quarters on board the USS Excalibur and takes off for Star Base 12.

Lord Patrick William Howard and his entourage doesn't hear the news about World War III until  October 5, 2153 at  10 AM (EST) and it isn't good news.

Captain Morgan tells them " I have to give you this news ." 

"I just received this news from Star Fleet Command  and please sit down 

At precisely 0230.26 hours Eastern Standard Time, on  May 1, 2153 (an event later known as the "May Day Horror of '53"), the Eastern Coalition launched a first strike comprised of intercontinental ballistic missiles, bomber attacks, and portable nuclear weapons, against major North American and European cities, combined with a simultaneous viral assault against the New United Nations computer infrastructure.[] Much to the surprise of the ECON political leadership, the New United Nations immediately retaliated with nuclear launches of their own, as well as bomber and satellite-based attacks against targets in the and . Many sided with the Eastern Coalition against the United States when fighting finally breaks out. Other political groupings, such as the , were likewise hit extremely hard during the nuclear exchanges, despite being non-aligned with either side during the war.

The detonation of nuclear weapons over cities (in the multiple-megaton range) such as Washington, D.C., London, Moscow, Berlin, New York City, Boston, Dallas, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Mecca, Riyadh, Samarkand, Karachi, Singapore, and New Delhi killed nearly half a billion people instantly. Smaller detonations occurred over Hong Kong, Beijing, and Ho Chi Minh City. Un-detonated or failed nuclear devices were discovered in or around targets such as Denver, Paris, Madrid, Rome, and Istanbul. Of the hundreds of ICBMs and bombers launched by the United States and allied forces, only one in five made it into the air, due to EMP weapons and viral attacks against the military computer networks — of these, only a fraction detonated properly.

Conventional military forces on both sides were quickly moved into offensive position against their respective foes — on 3 May 2153, the First, Eighth, and Sixteenth Fleets under New United Nations command carry front-line troops into the Bay of Bengal, and the ECON launches a massive invasion of the North American continent, sending troops and military aircraft southward through . Targets in (including ), , the , and the Midwest are hit hard by ECON forces, the U.S. military's defenses along the Canadian border failing utterly. The and both fought back against the invaders, but lose many fighters and ground soldiers to the enemy

The was a significant battle in the war, with American forces battling ECON troops for control of the city. The forces of the US troops would eventually prove victorious, defeating the ECON troops there.

In the initial nuclear exchange of World War III, Washington D.C. was completely destroyed, along with three surrounding U.S. states. Some major cities, such as , were actually spared from nuclear hits during the first rounds of ICBM exchange

Conventional military forces on both sides were quickly moved into offensive position against their respective foes — on 3 May 2153, the First, Eighth, and Sixteenth Fleets under New United Nations command carry front-line troops into the Bay of Bengal, and the ECON launches a massive invasion of the North American continent, sending troops and military aircraft southward through . Targets in (including ), , the , and the Midwest are hit hard by ECON forces, the U.S. military's defenses along the Canadian border failing utterly. The and both fought back against the invaders, but lose many fighters and ground soldiers to the enemy.[]

Certain military units were abandoned in enemy territory during the war, including a New United Nations brigade under the command of in Kashmiristan in late May. Finally, the Eastern Coalition's governing palace was destroyed by American forces, killing ECON founder .[]

The that followed severely destabilized global civilization; terrorist organizations and rogue states often detonated small-scale "suitcase nukes," while toxins and biogenic weapons were released. Drug-addled soldiers were often sacrificed in conventional battles on the ground after much of the planetary computer systems failed; numerous small-scale conflicts created chaos throughout the globe as warlords fought over the scraps of civilization. As a result of the ICBM detonations, an enormous dust cloud enveloped the Earth, resulting in several nuclear winters.[]

Sovereign nations, including the United States, essentially ceased to exist following the war, the country falling into barbarism, carved up into fiefdoms controlled by competing warlords (including Colonel Green's despotic reign over the ). Without federal resources to fall back upon, most local governments are unable to feed their own people; chaos and anarchy would reign for generations afterward, well into the . The , President Mendoza, survived the initial days of the war, but finds herself in command of very little afterwards. 

The was a significant battle in the war, with American forces battling ECON troops for control of the city. The forces of the US troops would eventually prove victorious, defeating the ECON troops there.

In the initial nuclear exchange of World War III, Washington D.C. was completely destroyed, along with three surrounding U.S. states. Some major cities, such as , were actually spared from nuclear hits during the first rounds of ICBM exchanges. 

During fighting in during the war, the was destroyed. Additional combat took place in , resulting in the destruction of the , among many other structures. 

The U.S. state of would be devastated by nuclear weapons at the start World War III, owing to the many military installations in the region. Even into the , some portions of the state would remain uninhabitable. 

In 2154 , one year following the outbreak of hostilities, Colonel Green surprised the surviving United States government by turning up in at the head of a massive army comprised of both New U.N. and ECON soldiers. President Mendoza ordered Green to stand down, but is refused; Green slaughters his way across the continent, culling the "weak" and "impure" and those afflicted with radiation sickness from humanity's gene pool, killing millions, until finally meeting his demise in from an orbital strike launched by Flint The Immortal."

The war culminated circa 2153, when several of Earth's governments met in San Francisco to declare a cease-fire, effectively ending the war. 

In the end, most of the world's major governments collapsed, and over 600 million people had died just from the immediate combat."