CHAPTER 38. A Kind Touch

I'm quite certain I was dying, at first, I thought it simply felt that way.

As hours went by, I was sure, I was dying. I barely had the energy to turn my head so I wouldn't choke on the blood continuing to leave my lips.

I was so cold too, but couldn't rise from the floor to get into the potential warmth of the bed. I was continuously fading in and out of consciousness, sweating as if I was running in hundred degree weather.

A heard the creak of the door open, but I knew it wasn't the necromancer. I didn't want Kayla near me, but as the person approached, there was nothing I could do.

"Raven," a voice sobbed and my body locked up as  soft and gentle hands hesitantly lifted my head and placed it in their lap.

I found a smile forming on my face despite the agony racking my body. "Faith," I breathed, her aura soothing the pain almost immediately. Now that I wasn't coated in the disgusting darkness that was the necromancer, I felt as if I could breath.

I lifted my hand, fingers shaking, and touched her face. Faith grabbed my hand and curled into it, kissing my palm. "Am I dreaming?"

She shook her head, sobbing into my arm. "No, god, you... are... are you okay?" Her honey eyes looked at me, shining brighter than any diamond.

I closed my eyes. "Yes... now that you're here," I shivered as my body tried to heat itself and slowly forced my eyes open to look at her.

"Are you sick Raven?" Faith's voice shook as she gently touched my forehead, letting my arm fall back to my side. "You're burning up,"

"It's killing me," I struggled to speak. "I don't know why, but it must have," I paused, sucking in air, finding it incredibly hard to speak. "Must have something to do with me seeing aura's, because you and Kayla are fine..."

Faith trembled. "That man... did he... do anything to you? What does he even want?"

I shrugged my shoulders and hissed through clenched teeth at the aching in my muscles. "No, nothing yet," I gazed at her. "Not sure what he wants, other than someone spend his pathetic existence with," my chest rose and fell rapidly.

Faith stroked my face and looked at the bed. "Come on," she stood and I yelled out when she grabbed my arms and struggled to get me to my feet.

I leaned on her heavily, panting pathetically as she laid me down on the bed, resting my head in her lap once more. "Warn me first," I gasped out and took a moment to gather myself.

"Sorry," she stroked my hair and looked at me with scared eyes. "What can I do to help?"

My eyes filled with affection for my blond girlfriend. "You're already helping," I told her, and truly meant it.

Her presence was slowly bringing me back from my near dead state, even if she didn't know it. Faith seemed uncertain but nodded and went back to stroking my hair.

I sighed in relief and pressed my cold cheek into the side of her thigh, relaxing my tensed body. "I fucking love you,"

Faith's giggle cracked half way through as she bent down to kiss the side of my face. "That's my Raven," she whispered. "Sleep, we'll talk when you wake up,"

***

  My eyes slowly fluttered open and I leaned up on my elbow, seeing Faith sleeping beside me on the bed. I reached out and brushed her hair out of her face gently.

She hummed and stretched. "Raven?" She mumbled in a sleepy voice, causing a smile to fill my lips.

"Yeah," I whispered and flicked her cute button nose. Her eyebrows pulled together in confusion before she gasped and sat up.

"Raven!"

I giggled and grinned. "Yup, the one and only, thank goodness for the world,"

Faith pressed her head into my chest as she hugged me. "I'm so happy you're awake!"

I laughed and pulled back slightly. "Me too, I feel much better,"

Faith cupped my face, seeming awed. "I can tell, your eyes, they're glowing again,"

I blinked and looked down at myself. "I feel... close to normal, not sure how long that's going to last though. Probably until Mr. El creepo decides make an entrance." I grumbled and groaned. "Someone's coming,"

Faith tensed. "Mr. El creepo?"

I shook my head. "No, that bitch, Kayla, she's a traitor, acted all friendly for my vampires," I sneered. "I fucking new it,"

Faith glared at the door before taking my hand and smiling, about to speak before I grabbed the back of her hair and pressed my lips on hers.

Faith pressed herself closer to me before I yanked my head away and lifted my middle finger up as Kayla walked in. "Fuck off Kathy," I hissed.

"I thought her name was Kayla," Faith whispered. I shrugged.

"I'm being a bitch, a reader gave me the idea," I whispered back before glaring at Kayla. "Fucking the enemy and screwing your friends over huh?" I demanded and Kayla flinched.

"Raven!" She admonished and crossed her arms. "I'm sorry you feel betrayed but," I flinched and closed my eyes, feeling the necromancer come closer. "I'm only doing what's best you and everyone."

"Rot in hell," Faith said helpfully. I looked at her and smiled slightly.

"Thanks babe,"

Kayla blanched. "Babe?"

I raised an eyebrow, feeling myself become more drained as he moved closer and closed to the room. "Yeah, 'girls kiss girls like boys do', have you never heard that line in a song? How about, 'I just wanna kiss girls girls girls' Does that one ring a bell?"

Kayla looked disgusted with me as the door opened. Malcolm walked in and Faith grabbed my hand, holding it tightly as I stared at two wastes of space.

"Malcolm -" Kayla about touched his arm when the shadows around him seemed to create a barrier of some kind, stopping her. She took her hand back, hurt and confusion filling her eyes.

Seems like Kathy can't see them, I realized and paused. She can't touch him because of the ghosts, but I can.... is it because the Dragon souls recognize me? I wondered and stiffened when those black eyes drifted onto me.

"Enjoying your human pet?" A tremor ran through me, but I gazed at him defiantly.

"Enjoying yours?" I shot back, looking pointedly at Kayla, who gasped.

"No," the necromancer said coldly and looked at Kayla. "Leave,"

Her lips parted. "But I-"

"I don't need you anymore, leave before I tire of you completely," his voice left no room for argument, and tears filled Kayla's eyes.

"Fine..." She turned and ran out the door, leaving me alone with the necromancer and Faith. My hand tightened on Faith's as he studied me.

"Stand up," he ordered, black eyes shining with power that he shouldn't have. "I want to show you something,"

I didn't move and he glanced at Faith with a threatening air. I slid off the bed and Faith rushed after me, sliding her arm under mine to hold me up when I stumbled slightly.

His smile made me flinch. "Good, follow me,"

My hands pulled into fists. Dragon karma is going to be a bitch, I promise you that.