2

Diana trails behind Draco and his father as the older Malfoy sneers at and judges his fellow wizarding peers. After her friends had found out she wouldn't be sitting with them at the Quidditch match, they had begged Lucius to pull some strings so Diana would sit with them for the match.

Lucius had, albeit reluctantly, gotten Diana into the minister's box which had caused Pansy to excitedly lend her friend some of her clothes.

Diana knew Pansy was very stylish, but it was Pansy's style. Diana preferred lighter colours which is why she wasn't one hundred percent comfortable with the attire Pansy had decked her out in.

Diana was dressed in a black, form-hugging blazer dress with tights woven with demiguise fur to make it appear as though no tights were being worn. She had never felt so uncomfortable in an outfit in her life, but she grinned and bore it, seeing how excited Pansy was for this opportunity.

"Blimey, Dad! How far up are we?"

They all look up to see the Weasley family who were all decked in Irish and Bulgarian merchandise from the stalls around the stadium.

"Well put it this way, if it rains, you'll be the first to know," Lucius Malfoy drawls and Diana awkwardly looks anywhere but at the group above them.

"Father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself," Draco brags.

Lucius lifts his cane and pokes Draco, rather harshly, in the stomach which causes the boy to double over in pain. Diana places a concerned hand on Draco's arm, and he places his hand on top of hers, signifying he was alright.

"Don't boast Draco. There's no need with these- People"

The Weasley family and their companions all roll their eyes at the man's attitude and turn to walk away, only for Lucius to hook his cane on Harry's shoe.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you? While you can"

Lucius lets go of Harry's shoe before walking away and Diana looks up mouthing a soft sorry to Harry and the others before scurrying away.

"She's friends with the Malfoys?" Harry asks.

"She's friends with all of them," Hermione says. "I find it strange, such a sweet girl mixed in with that bunch"

"You on about Ditzy?" Fred asks.

"Proper sweetheart," George says. "We pranked some Ravenclaws who picked on her-"

"Horrible lot"

"And she provided us with an alibi," George says. "Told McGonagall that we were helping her save a cat from a tree and McGonagall lapped it up"

"Told us that if she was ever stuck in a tree, she hoped we'd show the same kindness," Fred says.

Diana takes her seat, the teenagers had been separated from the adults who would, no doubt, spend the whole time schmoozing their way up the ministry hierarchal ladder.

As she waits for the game to start, Diana fidgets impatiently. To try and keep still she picks at her gloves before tapping her fingers on her legs. Draco rolls his eyes fondly before holding out his ring clad hand, allowing Diana to twiddle with the rings to her heart's content to satiate her boredom.

"PLEASE WELCOME THE PLAYERS OF THE IRISH TEAM!"

Seven green and white figures fly through the air on their brooms leaving a coloured trail behind them of green and silver. A large, glittering leprechaun appears in the sky and starts dancing, showering everyone with leprechaun gold.

Diana and the teenagers in the box clap enthusiastically, but quietly enough as to not disturb the conversing adults.

"AND BULGARIA!"

Seven red figures soar onto the pitch this time, one of them begins performing a stunt on his broom as his face appears on the large screen.

"Isn't he handsome Di?" Pansy asks and the blonde shakes her head.

"He looks very old Pans,"

"Good evening!" Fudge says, his voice amplified by the wand to his throat. "It gives me immense pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup. Let the match begin!"

The stadium is filled with cheers as the game begins, ending rather quickly with Bulgaria catching the snitch but Ireland winning on points.

"What a match!" Blaise says. "It's rare that happens, winning without catching the snitch"

"It's just basic arithmetic," Diana says. "Stay one hundred and sixty points ahead the whole time and you're guaranteed to win. But it was amazing to watch"

 But it was amazing to watch"