3

Diana hums to herself as she walks in the direction of her family tent when screams arise from not too far away.

Diana rises to her toes to try and see what the cause of the scream was, only to leap back in fear as the tent in front of her explodes. Diana lets out a shocked cry before chaos ensues, the world erupting in flames around her.

Witches and wizards were running from every possible direction, all of them screaming and shouting.

"IT'S THE DEATH EATERS"

Hands push and shove at Diana, eventually sending the young witch crashing to the floor.

The blonde curls into the foetal position, her arms covering her head as she feels feet hit every part of her body.

A hand on her shoulder causes her to look up and she spots Hermione Granger who had a concerned expression plastered across her face.

"Diana, are you okay?"

"Mostly," The witch replies, allowing Hermione to help her up. "Someone pushed me over"

"Have you seen Harry?" Hermione asks. "We lost him in the crowd"

"No," Diana says. "But I'm more than happy to help you look"

The campsite was a stark contrast to what it had been mere hours ago. The life and laughter had been drained from the camp, leaving a smoking skeleton of dismay and despair.

"Harry!" Hermione calls.

"Harry!" Diana's gloved hands cup her mouth as she calls out for the boy.

A figure stumbles out from behind the half-burnt remains of a tent, the round glasses and messy hair a giveaway of their identity.

"Been looking for you for ages," Ron says, clapping a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Thought we lost you"

"Morsmorde!"

Blinding green light fills the sky, slowly morphing into a distinguishable shape. A skull with a snake slithering from its mouth. Diana stares at the green figure in horror and frost begins to appear on the grass surrounding them.

"What is THAT?" Harry asks.

Diana turns when a pained grunt leaves Harry's lips and he stumbles back, she places a gentle hand on his back as she helps him right himself.

"STUPEFY!"

The shout of the spell comes from multiple different voices surrounding them. Harry pulls Diana down as he and Ron shield the two females from the colliding red spells which surely would have knocked them all out cold.

"STOP! That's my son"

The group of wizards parts for Mr Weasley as he rushes past them to check on the teenagers.

"Ron, Harry, Hermione, are you alright?" Mr Weasley asks. "Oh, Diana!"

"Hello Mr Weasley," Diana says with a small smile but her eyes were telling, they showed fear as she looked at the wizards surrounding them.

"Which of you conjured this?"

Diana looks at the man who was donned in black, formal wizarding robes and a bowler hat. His face held a heavy-set frown which was emphasised by the stern moustache resting on his upper lip.

"You can't possibly-" Mr Weasley begins, clearly intent on defending the teenagers.

"Do not lie!" Crouch shouts, pointing his wand between the four teenagers. "You have been discovered at the scene of the crime!"

There was a manic look in his eyes, one of fear and panic. That looked scared Diana and she found herself behind Harry, clutching onto his jacket.

"Crime?" Harry asks, glancing from the clearly deranged to the scared witch who was holding onto him tightly.

"Barty, they're just kids," Mr Weasley says.

"What crime?" Harry asks.

"Harry it's the dark mark" Hermione whispers. "It's his mark"

"Those people tonight, in the masks they're his too, aren't they?" Harry asks. "They're his followers"

"Follow me," Crouch says.

"There was a man," Harry says. "Before. There"

"All of you, this way"

"Harry, who?" Mr Weasley asks.

"I dunno. I didn't see his face"

Mr Weasley turns to Delilah who was still hidden behind Harry and a soft smile falls on his face.

"Come with us Diana," Mr Weasley says. "I'll send word to your father that you're safe, I'm sure Molly will be more than willing to accommodate you tonight"

True to his word, Mrs Weasley was more than enthused to have Diana in their house. From the moment the older woman had locked eyes on the Lovegood girl, she had been showered in compliments and comments about her striking resemblance to her mother.

Diana had been fed more food than she had eaten in the past few days as Molly chatted mindlessly, it was clear to Diana the woman was shaken with the idea of any of her loved ones being harmed. So, Diana played along, allowing Molly to toy with her hair and teach her how to knit without magic.

In truth, Diana was going it for her own selfish reasons. She had been without a mother for four years and her father tried but he lacked that maternal warmth where you could go and feel comforted by just being in a mother's presence.

It was nice.