Chapter 12

Listen, ik a divorce doesn't take just two weeks to happen but it's for the sake of the story- anyways-
——

It had been a few minutes, almost an hour actually. Michael had fallen asleep, and afraid to move, you just kept him wrapped up in your arms.

You ran your fingers through his hair before you felt him move, starting to wake up. He grumbled, burying his face in your armpit.

"Michael..?" You whisper.

He just hummed, tired. He looked up at you, rubbing the tired out of eyes. "I'm sorry.. did I fall asleep.." he grumbled.

You nod, "yeah. But it's fine." You assure, you kept playing with his hair. It was so thick and soft. Not to sound like a creep, but you did find Michael adorable. The way he'd blush when you tease him, and the way he'd lean into your touch when you'd play with his hair. Like he was doing now. It caused you to chuckle, sitting up.

"Y-Y/N.." he muttered. He sat up as well, stretching slightly. "What time is it..?" He asked.

You looked over your shoulder, "5:47.." you say, adding "pm".

He shot up, "I gotta go.." he said, looking at you.

You looked back at him, "oh- oh ok."

Michael just forced a smile and got out of bed, "I'll s-see you later!" He said, running out the door.

You just stay in bed, laying down.

——

A few hours go by, you haven't left your room since earlier. When you finally decided to get up it was around 11pm. You sigh, tired. You rub your eyes and see your phone.

William 💜
Comeenout side

You read the text, confused. But you listen to it. You leave your room quietly, making your way out front.

You close the door behind you, looking around. You look over and down, seeing William laying spread across his front porch, arm laying over his head. He looked sick.

"Y/N?" He muttered.

"I'm here." You say, crossing your arms. You hadn't left your porch.

But William got up, grabbing the railing. He walked over to stand in front of your house.

"I-I'm so sorry for not answering your texts.." he hiccuped, shaking his head. He was sweating and his hair was stuck to his forehead.

"Will.. it's ok.." you say, you understood that your texts probably weren't his biggest priority these past two weeks.

He shook his head, making his way up your step, when he got close enough he just wrapped his arms around you. You stay still, smelling nothing but alcohol coming from his aura. You grimace a bit.

"Will.." you whisper.

"I'm so sorry.." he hiccuped, crying out. He just held onto you, tripping over his own feet.

You hold him up, reaching over to open your door, "here, come inside." You say.

You lead him in, grabbing onto him as you lead him inside and to your room.

As you entered your room with him you practically threw him on the bed. He groaned, rubbing his face.

"I-It's official.." he muttered.

You raise an eyebrow, but then frown. "Oh will.." you say, sitting on the bed.

William shifted and laid his head in your lap, looking up at you. He threw his hands up in the air in defeat.

"If she didn't want me- she could've just said so ya know! Don't h-have three kids with me and stay with me for 18 years.." he choked out, ranting.

You listen, humming. You ran your hands through his hair, your face screwing up a bit at the feeling of his greasy hair.

William turned to his side, burying his face in your stomach. "I'm stupid for thinking it'd last forever.. she's not a good person.." he said, hiccuping again.

You wouldn't ask him, but you were right in assuming he was drunk at the moment.

"W-We've been together since we were 17. After a year she insisted we start going further. I was never ready. I didn't really want to, especially the way she wanted to.." he choked on his words, "but she got pregnant! And blamed it on me! You believe that!? She goes on telling people oh William, he knocked me up. William this. William that. But it was always her!-" he cried.

You lean down, kissing him on the lips just once. You felt his body calm down just a bit. But then he went back to speaking.

"We had Michael at 18, ya know.. I'm 35, y/n!" He sobbed. "I'm young! Youthful! I'm not even 40 and I'm going through a divorce. I should be out there!" At that point he was saying nonsense.

He just went on and ranted some more, and you listened to every word. At one point he went silent.

You looked down, he was just holding back tears. A grown man was in your lap, drunk and crying.

But you didn't care. You held that man so close to you it was almost humanly impossible. You laid back, pulling William up. He cuddled to you, muttering almost incoherent apologies. You kissed his head and rocked him slightly.

"William, just try to sleep for me, ok?" You coo.

His didn't do anything, responding in a snore that indicated he was already asleep.

——
What type of alcohol do y'all think William drinks 💀