Chapter 9

(Markus)

I sighed waiting in the car for my sister outside her dorm. I had only been there a day and my nerves were really high.

"How long does it take to pick out an outfit for sleep and tomorrow morning?" I asked myself out loud. "Well then again we'll be an hour anyways since she is the drinks and snacks helper." I thought to myself hearing the passenger door open and saw Sarah put in 4 bag full of chips and other snacks.

"Okay! Sorry for the wait I had to make sure I had it all!" She explained frantically, as she handed me a couple bags so she could get in. "If you want this time, you don't have to help me carry things in." She stated.

My eyes widened when I realized I didn't tell her. "Oh about that I was actually invited to the party by a friend of mine." I explained as she buckled up.

"Oh really!?" She asked with an exciting tone.

"Yeah, so I don't mind." I said kindly, and She giggled as I started driving

________________________________

(Jayden)

I checked the time, "6:35 pm" I sighed "five minutes late!" I yelled as I saw her grabbing her purse.

"Fashionability late, now let's go." She correctly said we headed out the door.

The drive was pretty silent beside the radio, and I sighed, worrying about Markus looking for us. I glanced at Skyler, and she looked nice.

Today she decided to dress up a little more for the party, wearing a nice green dress, leggings underneath the dress, like always, her hair was pinned up in a nice tight bun.

"Hey! Earth to have Jay!" I jumped at Skyler's voice and looked to see the passenger door opened and saw Sky standing with her arms crossed.

I sighed and unbuckled and walked to the front door opening, it was a storm of people making me sigh as I felt a Pat on my back.

"Don't worry, I already see Markus!" She explained pointing towards the kitchen.

I glanced towards the kitchen and there he was just leaning against the counter with a shorter girl who had long black hair and brown eyes wearing a crop-top and skirt talking to him. I walked over towards him as Skyler immediately found Clarissa and was headed over to her.

"Hey Markus." I said as stood next to him.

"Oh, Hi." He mumbled.

"So is this the friend who invited you?" The girl asked in a sweet tone looking my way.

"Oh, no my friend invited both me and him, but I'm his friend too, my names Jayden." I said, holding out a hand.

Karla shook my hand. "Name Karla! I'm Markus's younger sister!" She said excitedly.

"She is a business major." Markus said quietly.

"You are correct about that bother!" She laughed. "Anyways, it is nice to see my brother making friends after all these years, I haven't seen him with friends in a while, so, I'm glad he has some." Karla said kindly.

"Well he is very quiet and nice, so I'm happy to be his friend." I explained looking up at Markus who just nodded looking away.

"Okay, well nice talking! I'm gonna go check on the birthday girl!" Karla said heading off as the music began to play.

"She seems nice." I said, speaking up over the music and Markus nodded, still leaning against the counter.

I watched as I saw more people appearing in the house. "Guess we weren't the only ones late" I thought as I watched the house get more full and heard the music get slightly louder. Me and Markus kind of just stayed there, him leaning on the counter, and me decided to sitting in the stool next to him. A few times people would offer a drink to me or Markus, we would both simply deny it. After what felt like forever of doing nothing and let out a sigh.

"I'm so bored." I said slightly annoyed leaning back. "I don't like parties. I don't know why I thought it would be fun this time." I said seeing Markus look at me.

"You want to leave?" He asked and I sighed.

"I would be I don't have a car of my own and Skyler definitely doesn't plan on leaving soon." I explained.

"I have a truck." He said making me look from him to his sister talking with another girl.

"Don't you drive your sister everywhere?" I asked.

"Usually yes but she is staying the night." He explained.

"Are you having fun?" I asked, making sure I wouldn't be dragging him away from something he liked.

"No, not really, I'm kinda just standing here." He explained.

I nodded. "If you are okay with taking me to my house, I'll go tell Skyler." I said, waiting to see if he was okay with it.

He nodded, and I took that as a sign to go get Skyler's attention. I headed over to her sitting on the couch and taped her shoulder.

"Yeah." Skyler said, looking my way and then sighed. "Bored?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Not having fun?" She asked

"Yeah." I nodded.

"I'm not leaving." She stated.

"Markus said he'd take me." I explained and she nodded.

"I'll be home late as usual, have fun at home." She said and I nodded.

I headed back to Markus and nodded. "We're good!" I explained and he nodded.

We headed outside to his truck and got in.