11.

"this is so exciting." nick squealed. we were all hanging out in chris's room when nick had the idea of calling madi. he was so excited for us to 'meet' over facetime.

"hey nick" she said, as soon as she answered.

"hi madi! we wanted you to meet our friend, charlotte." nick said and turned the phone towards me.

"hi!" i waved.

"hey charlotte. i've heard so much about you! congrats on 10k on instagram by the way." she beamed.

"omg wait, for real?" i checked my phone to see that she was correct. my follower count on instagram and tik tok had been skyrocketing lately. mostly because of the appearances i had been making on the boys youtube videos and instagram posts.

"thanks girl!" i replied.

"anyways were you guys still thinking about visiting soon? i asked my mom and she said next week works for us." madi said from the other side of the phone. i looked around at the three boys that were next to me, with a surprised look on my face. i guess they failed to mention that they were also thinking about going there soon.

i don't know why all of this stuff was bothering me. it really shouldn't. as happy i am of them, i feel like they were keeping secrets from me. i thought i'd be the first person they'd want to tell all of this stuff too, but they were keeping it from me.

"yes that sounds so fun!" chris said excitingly.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom." i got up from the couch and walked out of the room.

i didn't actually need to go, but i just needed a moment. i was being over dramatic and needed a minute to compose myself.

"what's wrong?" matt had asked as soon as i opened the door. he was waiting for me in the hallway.

"what? nothing!" i insisted.

"charlotte, don't even try lying to me." he whispered.

"why does it seem you guys are keeping all of this from me." i said.

"i'm sorry." he looked down for a minute. "i just got scared. i didn't know how to bring it up and i didn't know what you would think."

"matt, i think it's like the coolest thing ever. i'm so happy for you guys. you know i support you guys, no matter what."

"i know." he said.

"you just need to communicate this stuff with me. i want to know what's actually going on with you guys." i added.

"i know, im sorry." he finally lifted his head up and looked at me. he pulled me into a hug, to solidify his apology.

"it's okay, matt. i'm sorry for being over dramatic."

"you had every right to be."

when we had finally broke away from our hug i asked what i think we both were thinking.

"what's gonna happen to us when you move." it was my turn to look at the ground. anywhere but his eyes.

"hey," he lifted my face up so i had no other option. "we're gonna be just fine."

"you promise?" i asked with a shaky voice.

"promise." he agreed. i held out my pinky and he interlocked his with mine. i brought it up to my lips and gave it a quick kiss, and he did the same. locking our promise in.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

lmao this chapter was kind of cringey to write. anyways i just posted the first two chapters of my new story! you all should go check it out! thank you all so much for reading!

sorry if their are any typos or grammar mistakes. i didn't really read through this