Chapter Eight

Eventually, after the 'short' food fight and cleaning up, the pizza was made. The mouthwatering smell that drifted into the air made Gregory's stomach growl. He reached for it but Sun pulled it away. "Hey! Be patient." 

Gregory wined. "Hurry up and pick a slice. I can't remember the last time I ate!"
Sun let out a tired sigh and took a slice before giving the rest of the pizza to Gregory. He snatched it away quickly and happily started gobbling it up. Sun widened his eyes. "Goodness."
Gregory ignored him and kept eating like a caveman. But then a noise that sounded not too far caught both their attention.

"Oh my... RADIATION- GREGORY GO HIDE!!"
Gregory dropped the pizza and hid behind the cheese machine. As soon as he kneeled down, Chica burst through the doors, wide-eyed. Sun waved. "Hi!" 
Chica ignored him and looked at the pizza on the ground. "Pizza!" 
She quickly bent down and started eating the pizza, kind of like Gregory did. 

Sun widened his eyes. "Am I the only one who eats normally?"
Chica ignored him once again, which made Sun's eyes dull. Normally she would laugh and they'd exchange jokes. She really was different. What happened? 

Then something flashed green. Sun narrowed his eyes at her earring. It had this weird button thingy in it. What is that? Moon's voice suddenly spoke, which made Sun flinch.
Sun responded quietly. I don't know. But it wasn't there before.
Uhmm...
Moon quieted, thinking. Poke it.
NO! We don't know what it'll do! 
Moon gave a frustrated groan. Sun, buttons were meant to be poked.

Sun thought for a moment. He glanced at Gregory, who was still in hiding. Gregory had a worried look in his brown eyes as he watched Chica, careful not to make any noise. Sun sighed and gave in. Carefully, he reached out his finger and pushed the button on Chica's earring. 

A few sparks lit as soon as he did, and Sun stepped back immediately. Chica froze. She didn't move an inch. "Um, Chica...?" 
Then Chica suddenly collapsed onto the floor. Sun low-key panicked. "Oh my sun rays and heatwaves, Chica, are you okay?"

Chica didn't answer. Nor did she move. But she seemed a little more relaxed than before. Sun gave her a little shake. "Chica?" 
Gregory cautiously stepped out of his hiding spot and made his way over to them. "Is she dead?"
The sudden thought made Sun's mind race. It drove Moon insane. 

Sun! I'm sure she's fine, please, stop worrying so much! 
Sun didn't answer. Chica was an animatronic, so CPR wouldn't work. Maybe Parts and Service? Or maybe...
He glanced at the button again. Sun reached out again but hesitated. Gregory watched him carefully. But Chica was his friend too. And so, without another thought, he pushed the button again.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Nothing. The small flicker of hope inside Sun blew away. The pointy sun ray-looking things that circled Sun's head shrank in sadness. Gregory felt bad. "Hey, Sun, it'll be okay."
Gregory gave him a hug in an attempt to comfort him. Sun let himself drown in it. He loved receiving hugs whenever he was feeling down, especially since he hadn't had one in a little while. 

While they hugged, a strange powering-up sound came from behind them, followed by a small voice traced with fear and confusion. 
"Sundrop?"