Love & Acceptance.

Love & Acceptance.

"And I swear as soon as I get my hands on him he's never going to be seeing my daughter again! My daughter is never ever setting foot in this god damn Institute as long as I live!" Jocelyn shouted as Clary slowly opened the door to the library.

"Jocelyn, are you sure that you're not taking things a bit far? Clary is old enough to make her own decisions after all." Maryse answered trying to reason with Jocelyn.

"No, I'm not taking anything too far! She's disobeyed me time and time again and I'm sick of it! It's all because of that boy!" Jocelyn shouted.

"Jocelyn, I think you need to breathe." Luke said.

"No Luke, I don't care what anyone thinks anymore! I deserve the respect that I'm not getting!" Jocelyn answered.

"Mom!" Clary shouted interrupting her mother.

"Clarissa Adele Fairchild Fray Morgenstern," Jocelyn started gritting her teeth having to say her last name. "I don't know how many times I've had to tell you this but you are absolutely forbidden to see that boy and to step foot in this Institute ever again. I'm sick and tired of arguing with you, I done with it. You're going home and I don't care what your excuse is to come back you're not."

"I have a perfectly good excuse to why I'm here and why I'm staying here, if you like it or not!" Clary answered.

"And what would that be?" Jocelyn asked.

"Mom, I'm getting married!" Clary said.

"No you're not." Jocelyn answered.

"Jocelyn, hear her out. For once." Luke said.

"Why should I Luke? She's throwing her life away!" Jocelyn shouted spinning to face her husband.

"Because I gave my blessing!" Luke answered. Not only Jocelyn looked stunned but so was Clary. She thought Jace had proposed without anyone else's opinion but he had.

"You did what?" Jocelyn asked falling down onto the chair she was standing behind.

"Jace talked to me before Clary came here for them few days. We met up for coffee at Taki's and he showed me the ring, I did tell him that I was already married," Luke chuckled but stopped abruptly due to the look of Jocelyn's face. "Anyway, I said if he did it right and Clary said yes that he could marry her and I would walk her down the aisle without fail."

"And you didn't tell me?" Jocelyn asked still in shock.

"Jocelyn, you have to remember that I didn't take my chance of professing my love to you when I should have. We could have avoided a lot of this. I want Clary to not make the mistakes I did and whether you know it now or not, she's making the right decision. Jace loves her more than anything in the world." Luke answered.

"It's true Mrs Graymark, I love your daughter more than the moon loves the stars and I will never ever hurt her. I hope you can forgive me for sneaking behind your back but approve our engagement." Jace said standing next to Clary. He was so quiet that Clary hadn't heard him come in. Jace had such a way with words. Persuasive almost. As if even if you didn't want to agree with what he said or what he asked you do you would do it because of the softness of his voice.

"Maryse, could you give us some time to talk?" Jocelyn asked turning to Maryse.

"Of course, just don't break anything. Any of you." Maryse answered, got up out of her chair behind the desk and walked out the library.

"Mom, say something. Please." Clary said after a few moments of silence.

"Come over here." Jocelyn answered and got out her seat. She walked over to the two love seats separated by a glass coffee table. Jace, Clary and Luke followed. They all sat down. Jace and Clary on one side, Jocelyn and Luke on the other.

"Mrs Gray-" Jace started.

"I thought I'd be a lot angrier than I actually am. I understand you love my daughter Jace but at the end of the day she is and always will be my little girl, no matter how old she is and if she's a Shadowhunter or not. I've never told you this but I kind of thank my stars every single day that you came into Clary's life when you did because if you didn't I don't know where she'd be now and I don't think I'd like to know. You've both got things going on in your life, separately and together but I want you both to know that I think that you can get through them things together. Clary, if this is what you want, to marry Jace, I want that for you." Jocelyn said.

"Mom, are you serious?" Clary asked.

"He's the love of your life, it's pretty clear to see that. If you want to marry him I'll support you every step of the way." Jocelyn answered. Clary flew round the side of the coffee table and threw her arms around her mother and the only father figure she'd ever really had. They all stood up and sank to the floor. Jace stood up and brushed his tight black jeans down. Jocelyn held her hand out to Jace and he took it. He was immediately pulled into the hug feeling for the second time in his life that there was such a thing as family and love. The other time he'd felt that was when he'd been attached to a certain green eyed boy, whose eyes at the time weren't that colour on the surface.

"Thank Mrs Graymark. For everything." Jace whispered and he meant it. For everything. For the hug, for her acceptance, for Clary, for that green eyed boy and everything in between. For the second time in his life Jace felt loved and whole.