67.Roses wish.

Maria: "Jane~"

Her aura up close makes it a bit hard to breathe, it's as if she's holding her hands on your throat, not to mention that look in her eyes.

Maria: "You know, I thought we had an agreement or do you just wanna make it worse for everyone?"

Agreement? If we're enemies here what kind of an agreement could she make with me.

Maria: "Don't play dumb with me Jane~"

Jane: "I have no clue what you mean."

She keeps looking at you and maybe your expression or your aura tells her everything she needs as realisation appears on her face.

Maria: "No way..."

She then turns to the vampire that she ignored this whole time.

Maria: "As for you, I..."

She stops herself mid sentence and sighs with disappointment.

Maria: "I'll have a different talk with you."

Maria quickly glances at you and without another word leaves the room.

Days pass by, food was brought to you and fed to you by the vampire girl that was chainned to you. Since there was nothing much to do you spent a few days talking to the vampire to try and get some information and she was surprisingly willing to give it to you.

You learned that the vampires and Catherine made a deal to hand [y/n] to them in exchange for peace. You also learned that [y/n] killed Sarah and Rose and almost killed Maria as well. It was hard to believe it at first but you remembered the people back in the city and how they acted whenever he was around.

If they feared him and Catherine wanted to get rid of him, that only meant that he had done something horrible to our people.

You also asked her about the interaction with Maria, she wasn't too happy to talk about it but it seems like the vampires have divided into two groups. One of them follow Maria and her vengeful ways while the others follow Roses last wish but there's less and less of them because Maria has been killing them for opposing her orders. As for Roses last wish, it was to save [y/n], even though she got attacked by him she still believed that he could change for some reason.

If he was so cruel, what could she have seen in him? Why not ask for peace? Unless she knew something that nobody else did... At this point you could only guess what was going through her little head.

The vampire also told you about wolfs and werewolfs joining forces, which only meant that the werewolfs used the opportunity to join with them to destroy our city and to get revenge for what he did.

It was a lot of information to take in but now atleast you know what's going on even though everything was pretty peaceful not that long ago.

*A few days later*

The door opens and you were thinking that they were finally gonna bring you something to eat since there was no breakfast but instead Maria walked in.

For a second you thought that you saw the Maria that you knew but once she stepped into the room her eyes and aura changed, It felt different compared to the last time though.

Maria: "How do you feel Jane? Have you remembered anything?"

You slowly shake your head.

Maria: "I'm gonna guess that she filled you in on what's going on."

Jane: "Yeah..."

Maria: "Good, this saves me some time."

She smiles and walks up to you.

Maria: "You know, I thought about killing both of you but that would be a waste wouldn't it? So, I decided to make you my obedient little follower instead."

Jane: "Follower?"

Maria: "As a follower you'll be obeying all of my commands and staying by my side."

Jane: "Why didn't you make your own people obey you then? You wouldn't have to kill anyone and avoid all of this bloodshed."

Maria: "Let's just say that I have to make some sacrifices for this to work, not only that..."

She looks down at the vampire that's sitting on the floor.

Maria: "I'll explain that later if you're  that interested."

She looks back at you and then places her hand on your chest.

Maria: "You might feel some pain before the spell is complete."

Red light starts emanating from where her hand was and almost instantly you felt a burning sensation on your chest. It didn't feel that bad at first but the pain was gradually increasing. When you looked at her face you thought that she would be smiling since she will probably get to order someone like you around but what you saw was... confusion? The burning sensation slowly decreased and you thought that she had finished the spell but....

Maria: "It seems that I'll have to continue this later, hopefully without any interruptions."

A white light that comes from Maria blinds you, it only lasts for a second thought and when it dissappears and you're able to open your eyes...

Jane: "She's gone..."

Vampire: "It seems that someone important to her is in trouble."

Jane: "And who might that be?"

It takes a few seconds for the girl to think of an answer.

Vampire: "I honestly have no idea, I'm not sure how much you know about the marks but we usually leave them on the people we care or want to get closer to in the future. They are pretty easy to leave on someone but removing them is what might cause some problems."

Jane: "I see."

Vampire: "How many you can leave depends on strength, our queen can leave up to five of them. Most of us can't do that at all, I'm...one of those who can't..."

She sounded pretty sad at the end.

Jane: "Hey now, no need to get that depressed about it."

Vampire: "I know, it just sucks when you can't get to the people that need you in time."

This is not the mood I want in this room.

You try to think of a way to cheer her up but the door to your room opens again and you turn your attention to the door. Before you could see who walked in, the chains that were holding you suddenly let go and you fell to the ground. Your hands and feet felt weak after not moving for so long but before you could get up they grabbed you by the hand and started dragging you out of the room.

Jane: "H-hey! Wait!"

She starts walking faster and seems to not care if she has to walk with you or drag you to wherever you're going. While walking you use the nearest wall for support, it helped you walk until she made a sharp turn and you almost hit your head against it. She did a few more turns like that and then stopped near a door. When she opened the door she pushed you inside and closed it behind you. You tried to keep your balance after she pushed you inside but couldn't and fell to the ground.

Did she really have to be so rough?

You calm down and then look around you, it seemed like a normal room with a few bookshelves filled with books, a table with a chair next to it and... a bed with somebody already sleeping on it. You crawl up to the bed and notice a very familiar face, just a bit more pale than usual.

Jane: "[y/n]~"
.
.
.