~12

Hoseok dropped me off at Big Hit Appliances and we said our goodbyes.

For a while, I stood there, eyeing the enormous glass building, then I glanced at everyone passing by across the street. They didn't seem to notice that it was standing right there.

Hoseok said Big Hit Appliances wasn't really a building. Rather, it didn't look like a building, at least not to others.

People with special abilities mistake the building for a shack or a small, unsteady structure. It explained why Jihyo and the girls looked so confused when they first saw it. It was supposed to be some sort of camouflage so the government wouldn't interfere anymore.

I walked up and opened the big glass doors, ready for my first official day in the marketing department.

I waited as I got my picture taken for the company ID. Obviously, what came out was absolutely horrible and embarrassing.

Nevertheless, I still had to wear it in order to be recognized by my co-workers.

My ID hung by a purple cloth. Surprisingly, it wasn't stiff on the neck unlike other companies. As soon as I wore it, it felt as if I truly belonged to Big Hit.

But what struck me was how everyone acted around me. They were nice and polite, but distant, like they didn't trust me. I wondered if it had something to do with new recruits.

"Marketing Department's on the 17th floor," The woman on the front desk informed me. For some reason, I felt whispers and stares from around me. I decided to ignore it.

As soon as I reached the 17th floor, however...

The Marketing Department office was empty. I even had to check outside to make sure I was in the right place.

Papers were all across the floor, there must've been about thousands of them. The wall to the left corner had a bad crack running through the corner. The big glass pane was shattered with little pieces of broken glass on the floor too, and there were yellow tapes strewn across, but on the brink of falling. There weren't any cubicles, but there was an empty desk. There was this musky smell like something died.

I flinched at the sight.

When I switched on the lights, it flickered at least a dozen times before it stayed open. 

Why was the Marketing Department like this?

I tried to sit at the big table to see if there was anything--a note, an announcement, a schedule--but there wasn't anything. Plus, it was covered in a thick layer of dust.

Why did Mr. Min assign me to this department if there wasn't even anyone in it? And how was I gonna make websites for the company if the main PC was broken?

Well, I have to start somewhere, I guess... So cleaning it is. Getting a hair tie from my handbag, I tied my long brown hair into a ponytail and got to work--cleaning.

First, I needed to pick up all the papers. It must've been important documents, but I still don't get why no one bothered to clean it up.

Halfway through picking up the papers, I cut my hand with a glass shard. Blood dripped, and I wiped it off with a handkerchief. I made a mental note to sweep them up later.

By the time I finished, it was almost noon, and I was already sweaty. I wished I brought clothes. More importantly, I wished there was air conditioning. I breathed out a sigh of relief when I arranged the papers neatly on the table. But I realized my mistake when I stepped back. I almost lost my balance when my foot almost dropped to where the floor should be. If it weren't for my quick reflexes, I would've plunged through, and fallen to my death.

Quickly, I ran across the room, my heart hammering wildly. My stomach churned just by the thought of what would have happened if I continued on with the fall.

Somehow, I felt like blaming the employees for not patching up that big hole.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm my heart. I think the calming waves were helping me a lot.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked me. "Jin told me he felt your panic and fear."

I'm fine, I answered, though I was still shaken up. Please tell Jin I'm fine.

"What happened?"

There's a large hole here in the Marketing Department... I almost feel through.

"WHAT?!" Boomed his voice. I flinched. "You're in the marketing department?!"

Yes... I got assigned here by Mr. Min.

I wondered why Jungkook was so angry. Well, okay, he's probably mad because I almost died. But why did Mr. Min assign me to this department?

Silence remained, then finally he spoke again. "I'll talk to Yoongi hyung to assign you in a different department. It's dangerous."

Why? What's wrong with the Marketing Department?

There was another long pause before he spoke again. "I can't tell you. Not now. Jimin hyung's gonna come down and help you fix that hole. Please be careful, Y/N... "

The line went dark. I sighed. Jungkook never bothered to tell me all the important stuff about the company.

As if on cue, a knock on the door sounded and a stylish, handsome man with an angelic face arrived.

"Hello, Y/N!" He greeted me, a cute smile on his lips. "I'm Park Jimin, one of your soulmates. Jungkook told me you wanted to fix that hole?"

I caught myself staring at him, and looked away, blushing. "R-Right. But, you're gonna do it alone?"

"Yep. With telekinesis," he answered. I was about to say more when he walked towards the hole.

Reaching his hand out, I watched him close his eyes. Almost immediately, the shards and broken pieces of glass lifted up, making their way towards him and materializing into a glass window. It was so beautiful, like a slow motion video of glass breaking in reverse.

By the time he was done, he grinned, "All done!"

I stared at him. He was so beautiful, it was killing me. "Oh, uh, thanks. That was amazing."

"Don't mention it," he said. But then, as if he remembered something, he pouted slightly. "But...why are you in the Marketing Department, though?"

"To be honest, I actually have no idea," I said, putting my hands out in front of me. "I was only assigned here by Mr. Min--Yoongi--and-"

Suddenly his eyes widened, and I wondered if it was something I said. "You're bleeding!" he shouted.

I showed him the cut on my index finger. "No. This? It's fine, it's only a cut."

"No, you're bleeding," This time, he was looking at my knees. When I looked at them though, they were, in fact, bleeding.

"Oh," I said in a small voice.

My favorite pair of leggings now had holes in them, and in those holes, instead of skin, it showed red scratches and cuts. I must've had them while I was picking up those papers. Dang it.

"I'm fine, though." I said, trying to reassure him, since he looked like he was the one who got hurt.

"You're not fine, and you need bandages," he scolded me, walking towards me and grabbing my hand.

"Jimin, I'm fine though..." I trailed off. It was no use, and it felt like nothing was gonna get him to change his mind, so I had no choice but to go with him.