83

" Hmmmmm..." Aniruddh sighed with closed eyes and the goofiest smile. He dug his head into the pillow he was hugging. So...soft. He rubbed his left cheek softly on the softness. He was almost lying on his belly save for the pillow he was crushing. Even his legs had dug themselves in it. Hmmmm...he didn't remember having such long a pillow. And...it smelled so good. He inhaled it fully.

" Ummmm..." So good. It smelled so nice. It was reminding him of something. Or say someone. Hiding his face deeper in it he whiffed it again. Reminisced of the times he spent on her bed. It felt warm. It felt nostalgic. It felt welcoming. It felt like Bondita...

" Umm... Bondita..." He could feel his cheeks getting tired by his splitting smile, still in contact with the warmth.

" Ji Pati Babu..."

The stupid smile vanished. Heart gripped in fear. The pillow...spoke ? Too scared to open his eyes he tried to feel it again. His right hand clutching the cover of the pillow slid down. Slowly. Yes. Cloth... Cloth... Cloth... Skin...
He sucked in a breath. His pillow had turned into a human ?! Was it...a girl...? He let his open palm fearfully explore the skin. A waist... It felt like a waist. A girl's waist...
Too familiar...

Bondita...

His head still hazy he slowly pulled up and only when he was hovering over his pillow did he open his eyes.

"Aaaaaaaaaaa...!!!"

" Aaaaaaaa...!"

" Wh...why...why... Do you have a face...??!"

" I was born with it...!!" The pillow having Bondita's face squealed back. What kind of nightmare was this ?!!

Wait...no. It didn't seem like just the face. Using his left elbow to hover over it he let his eyes, framed by his desheveled hair slip down from her face to the neck, shoulders, hands placed over the chest covering it up as her saree obviously was not. And to...

His eyes snapped back to her face finally realising what was happening.

" Aaaaaaaaaaaaa....!!!" Aniruddh backed up and in the process of getting off her, the girl he was crushing under his weight for who knows how long, moved his injured shoulder quite rapidly to turn to his right . " Aaaaaaaghhhhhhh..." That was a painful one.

" Pati Babu...!!!" Bondita was up as she was now free from her lovely cage. She had no idea when she fell asleep. Last thing she knew was she was in his tight grip. And was woken up by soft cooing. He was lightly tickling her cheek with his. She didn't know when she got under him. When did he cover her with him. But the way he was trying to engulf her at night, she was not surprised. But she had been awake enough to observe his cute actions and the satisfied sigh with her name.

Her response to it, as it turned out, was scary.

" Uufff..." He was clutching his shoulder painfully. His teeth clenched together.

" Here. Let me help you." She got to him on her knees in a hurry. Her pallu flowing down her left shoulder covering her modesty, her saree bunched around her knees dug in the soft mattress and blanket. She helped him rest against the bed post as she hovered over him placing a few pillows behind his back. " What is the hurry ?!" She was not being polite. He had screamed in pain. It was not pleasent for her. He always was so careless about himself.

Aniruddh was having trouble grasping everything. She was almost hugging him. Her face over his right shoulder looking at his wound, her knees in contact with his left upper thigh. He looked down her back, open save for the blouse as she had not wrapped saree in traditional Bangali style probably as it was early in the morning and it must have gotten open somewhere in the night.