Chapter 25

You wonder when you started liking him. Was there even a specific point in time when you started liking Kenma? One thing's for certain, this feeling is not the same as the feelings you had towards anyone before.

Perhaps because you had grown up now, you've experienced a lot of things and you've witnessed people and heard their stories. Before, you thought it was just all roses and butterflies. But now you knew there are more than those sweet things that taste like honey.

'Live here with us. This place is too big for Suki and I, so live here with us' was what Kenma said earlier.

This place that had been your home for months now. You remembered the first thing you thought of when you first visited this place. You thought it was such a spacious abode yet as big as it is, it emanates a certain kind of warmth.

And that warmth came from the small girl living here, Suki, who lights up this expansive place.

"The other night I thought about going to that place," Kenma said, sitting with you on the couch.

"That place?"

"The park you promised Suki to go to when she got sick."

You remembered that time and nodded your head. "Ueno Park."

You wanted to go there because the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. And you thought it would be a great time to go there with Suki and Kenma. That time you just thought about going there because you wanted to make at least a few memories with Suki that will last and she can think of once she grows up.

Because that time you knew your time with her is limited, the days passed by into weeks much quickly than you would have thought.

But right now, after that confession and Kenma asking you to live with them, you realized there will be many instances when you can make a lot of memories that would last a lifetime.

"Yeah, that one, let's go this weekend," Kenma said before he moved closer to you and you unconsciously moved back but when he noticed it, he put his arm around your waist to prevent you from moving further.

"And I think it'd be a good time to tell Suki." He moved closer again, leaning close and you couldn't move back since his arm prevents you from doing so. "To tell her about her birth mother. And about the mother who will take care of her alongside me. You."

It hadn't been a few hours since you two shared that kiss and now he's kissing you again. You felt yourself being pushed back on the couch and you wrap your arms around his shoulders.

"Kenma..." you muttered, leaning back, your face starting to redden from the stimulating kiss. "I—I had no idea you would be like this."