27- Recollection

The house was empty when Raphael dropped me off, and I fumbled for my keys in my pocket. I couldn't wait for a bath and I would toss something together for dinner, maybe some egg fried noodles and watch reruns of a show that I would watch over and over again. A comfort show which would utterly relax me.

Trekking up stars, I placed my backpack on the side while I ran the bath. Soaking in that heated water, feeling it hug every inch of skin so gently, breathing in the aroma of the bubble bath... it was my heaven... my mini-vacation... a place to breathe deeply and let my inner peace return.

In an hour, I was clean and in my top and shorts and nice underwear if I can add, with my hair blow dried. I had my noodles in ready and I sat in the warmly lit living room, my laptop open.

After, the influx of emotions today, having the time to completely unwind was beautiful. 

But where was my Aunt? I would see her first thing in the morning and I would be in bed by the time she was back home. I dialled the phone, it ringing for a few minutes. "Auntie, hi, how are you?" I asked.

"Jules, sorry, I was meaning to call you, I am going to be home late again." She apologetically replied. A deep voice called for her and she spoke again "That was my boss, Jules we'll do something nice when I have a day off okay, don't stay up."

We say our goodbyes, and I get up to clean my dishes, trekking up the stars and nestled into my blankets to watch more of my show. 

A while later, my phone lights up signalling a message. Raphael had sent out a single line, saying how he was waiting outside the front door. 

I quickly sped down the stairs, opening the door. I blinked in surprise as Alaric and Raphael were innocently waiting for me. Raphael bent down to kiss me softly, before being nudged aside by Alaric.

He gave me a feverish kiss, our tongues tangled together. "I wasn't expecting you," I said, looking up at his obsidian eyes.

"I caught Raphael sneaking out, so I couldn't let him have you all to yourself. I haven't gotten to spend time with you all day." He explained, his arm wrapped tightly around me as he looked down.

I laughed, motioning for them to come in. They had changed into sweatpants , their toned figures evident in their comfort wear. 

" You guys didn't drive?" I asked, as Alaric had wrapped his arm around my waist, Raphael in front of us as he took the stairs. They removed their shoes at the door and had them in their hands to put them in my room. I mean smart regarding the fact that I didn't want Aunt to know they were here, especially at night.

"I wanted to have a walk after dinner, I was looking forward to have some time alone but you have this clingy bastard." Raphael scoffed as he walked into my room. Placing the shoes, by the door, he remarked on how cosy the room looked.

Alaric's arm loosened around my waist as I had told them I was in the middle of watching an episode which I wanted to finish.  He slowly removed his hoodie, revealing his toned, muscular arms in his short sleeved top.  In a few minutes, we were in bed, the two flanked beside me, their  focus intent. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Alaric watched Juliette's face as she reacted to the episode of Friends she was watching. He could smell the cotton candy wafting through the air, as her slightly damp hair brushed his side. This was the most at peace he felt all week after the intense week, Darius' problems and his own.

He couldn't avoid it forever.

And most importantly, Alaric had to tell Juliette. He saw how hurt she was by Darius' decision, her eyes in pain.

He was lucky that she was kind and soft-hearted, that she understood his plight.

But Alaric couldn't lose her too. 

His eyes closed on their own accord as he comfortably relaxed with the vicinity of the two people who cared for the most. 

The three of them, him, Darius and Raphael were in the green woods near the Bertelli family home, play fighting in the sun.  Of course they were 10 year olds, running and chasing each other until their feet hurt. Their playdates were a relaxing compared to their intense lessons and strict upbringing.

There was whimper which brought Alaric's attention away from chasing Darius. Looking to the left, he scurried through the woodland, digging through it to find a small dog, with golden fur and brown eyes. Perhaps a couple months old, completely abandoned by its parents to fend for itself. 

"Alaric, where did you go?" Raphael yelled, as he skidded to a stop a distance away. He scampered down the hill, with Darius following him suit. Their cheeks were flushed with warmth. "What did you find?"

He didn't answer but showed the other two boys the little dog.

"Oh- it's like tiny," Darius exclaimed, reaching out to stroke it "and soft."

"Are we going to keep it?" Raphael excitedly asked. 

"Ok, but we need to hide it if Father finds it." Alaric replied, holding the small bundle close.

The other two boys understood, they found his father as terrifying and always kept a distance. His father was always no nonsense, strict, cold and brooding.

And a definite touch of evil.

They spent days playing with it, bringing scraps wrapped in tissue.

For Alaric, the puppy heart-song in fur, the baby browns that let himself right into his soul and made himself at home.

But one evening, he came home and it was gone, he searched and searched, reaching the garden and seeing the bloody hands and the shovel in his hands.

There was a soft whimper which awoke him as well as the horrifying recollection which left a painful lump in his throat and sting in his heart. He couldn't loose her too.

He could scoff as he saw Raphael making out with Raphael, her small arms flung around his neck as he was over her. Alaric guessed that the show was over and that Raphael couldn't keep his arms to himself.

He sat up, roughly shoving Raphael out the way, satisfied to see his scowl and Juliette who peered up with a shy grin and wild eyes.

God, he wanted to taint her and he did.

*********************

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Let me know your thoughts.

Comment and vote lots everyone, every single one fills me with so much joy and I read every single one.

Lots of love