chapter four: recognition

Dryden p.o.v

Something about this hiccup was familiar not only in name but also his looks, I remember having dreams of an old friend of mine I nicknamed him hiccy which made my family laugh so much, I had gotten closer to him as he had fallen back onto his ass and was leaning on his arms.

I decided to take my mask off as to get a clearer view of him but I was only able to get it above my mouth when I suddenly heard someone running, my natural reaction was to move back and at the worst moment I had a ghost foot and I tried to step back from my crouch with my right foot causing me to fall over.

Then bam a large axe slammed right down on the ground cutting where my foot would have been, at first I was scared about who attacked me when I looked up I saw a blond hair girl who looked extremely pissed but my attention was quickly moved to angel as she was having a rage panic attack ... She has this part of her that feels guilty for my leg and so anyone who even gets close to hurting that leg will set off her panic attacked.

"Angel!!! Calm down" I shouted as I saw her pupils turn into slits and she began charging an attack, I had to act quick so I leaped from the ground placing myself on her head then I crouched to her eyes "angel she didn't harm me please calm down" I asked and I thought it wasn't having any effect but when she focused in on me she began calming down and backing off.

But now it's my turn to be pissed "hiccup are you ok" the girl said helping hiccup up from the ground "I was fine but I was trying to talk with him" hiccup stated as he went to walk up to me "go away ... Leave this island" I ordered now seeing what berk has become barbaric dragon riders which makes them worse "no wait ... You was about to remove your mask ... Please I would like to see you before we leave" hiccup said I took a moment to think and I even started to pet angel.

Without a word I began to remove my mask letting my hair flop out covering one of my eyes in the process, "white hair but blue eyes? That's not possible..." The girl Stated and I rolled my eyes "why does everyone say that ... When I was a kid and I was in berk all I heard was ..." I didn't get to finish my sentence as hiccup was quick to interrupt "dryden?" Hiccup questioned and at first I was confused.

"How do you know my name?" I asked taking a hop forwards I felt angle slide up to my side allowing me to use her to stabilise myself, "my father told me about a white haired, blue eyes kid that I was friends with and that his name was dryden so I'm hoping it's you" hiccup said taking a step forwards "now come on ... We can head back home to berk ... And get that leg fixed" hiccup stated pointing to my right leg.

I was confused and I definitely must have looked confused because hiccup proceeded to lift his left leg up which made me only now realize he was missing a foot as well but he was using some weird device that's attached to his leg that allows him to walk normally, the offer is tempting but when I look back in life the dragons that are on this island are my family now.

"I'm sorry ... Er ... Hiccup but this is my home ... The dragons that live here are my family ... Berk isn't a place I know ... Not anymore" I stated turning around "so please leave because ... I'm going to have to call the dragons so they can eat and drink" I said before entering my cave.

Hiccup p.o.v

My heart sank when he said that I thought I'd finally gotten that friend back the friend I always wanted, I sadly walked away Astrid had pulled out her axe from the ground and we both walked back to the beach with toothless close behind when we got to camp I ordered everyone that we was leaving so we all got onto our dragons and reluctantly left as the sounds of dragons filled the island.

*Half and hour later*

"Hey hiccup ... I ... Can't help but notice you look down what up" Astrid said as we flew over the clear ocean "I ... I just wished we could do more for him" I said as I pet tothless's forehead as we continued to fly away "well sometimes it can take time ... Tomorrow we should come back maybe with less people" Astrid said slowly the sky started to become grey and a slight fog was starting to form.

"I don't think that will work ... All I wanted was to try and reconnect with him" I sighed I started realising the fog was getting slightly thicker, "how do you know .... dryden? That's what you called him" Astrid asked as her dragon floated closer to us "we were best friends when we was kids ... My father told me about him apparently I was close friends before his clan left" I explained as my concern grew the fog was getting too thick.

"I'm sorry hiccup ... We will try again I'll tell you that but you can't give up on him on the first try" she stated trying to make me feel comfortable but it wasn't working I was realising this fog was way to thick "hey guys ... Is it me or has it really gotten foggy" I said looking back but that's when I realized they were gone, I looked to my left and I went to talk to Astrid but now she was gone.

"*Growl*" toothless was getting extremely aggressive I tried calming him but he only got more aggressive and defensive untill something came flying out of the fog it was a rope that had two rocks on the end clearly made to catch dragons, but sadly it came out of nowhere and it hit toothless wrapping around him causing us to fall with all the commotion toothless had knocked me off and when I got the water everything went black.

Meanwhile

Dryden p.o.v

I felt horrible I just told my child hood friend to get lost and to leave me alone I was just sitting in the cave looking at my leg "get my leg fixed" I muttered to my self suddenly I felt anger and jealous so he thinks I can't fix my own leg I'll show him, I grabbed some parchment and started scribbling and most importantly designing something new.

I could feel angel watching me as I started make a schematics for a new foot, "and there ... Now all I need is some iron some wood a lot of heat and a lot of scales luckily I saved some after making this armour" I said patting a pouch on my belt "and we have plenty of wood but what I need now is iron Welp time to go to the beach to try and find some washed up swords or pieces of metal.

*Ten minutes later*

We had finally gotten to the beach and I felt something was off in the distance there was a cloud ... No ... A large amount of fog so large it felt unnatural, "hey angel ... Is it me or is that a bit off" I asked her pointing to the fog she looked over and then turned away showing that she didn't care, but I was concerned if I'm correct then it means hiccup and his group went in there.

I didn't end up looking for metal my focus was all on the fog to me it was getting closer and closer then it happened, it all disappeared revealing "ANGEL ... THATS A FLEET OF SHIPS!!!" I shouted it caused her to turn around and when she saw it I knew we should be scared, she ran up to me and tried to get me on top of her but I knew we wouldn't win.

"Angel I hate to say this but we can't defend this alone ... You and me is just not enough ... We need the others" I stated she looked at me concerned that the dragons would attack me "angel ... That was years ago I have lived her for ever and when ever you go away I end up playing with the others there's nothing to fear ... Plus I have a plan" I said looking over at the fleet of ships.

To be continued