IX. imessage & facetime

mattyb🧛🏻: have you left
for the airport yet?

audrey🧛🏻‍♀️: no not yet,
thirty mins.

mattyb🧛🏻: wanna ft?

audrey🧛🏻‍♀️: yeah sure, my step
mom and my dad aren't home
and amaras out.

mattyb🧛🏻: okay, five mins.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUDREY STOPPED TO LOOK at herself in the mirror. she sighed beofre trying to fix her makeup, she had been trying to get ready in somethinh comfortable for the flight, but as of right now? she was just sat in a pair of pyjama shorts and matts sweatshirt which he had given her when they went to the beach.

she ran a hand through her hair before noticing her phone light up and begin to vibrate from the side of her eye. now she went from worrying about clothes to mentally preparing herself for a silly little facetime call with matt

INCOMING CALL: MATTYB🧛🏻
accept || decline

"hey stranger" she heard the voice of matt through her phone speakers. "hi" she smiled at her camera before standing it up on her desk as she walked to her closet. "help me decide on a outfit" she said and grabbed the two outfits she had picked out for the airport.

"okay, so, grey sweats and the hoodie i'm wearing" she said, pointing at matts hoodie. "my hoodie?" he asked, smiling at the girl who's cheeks had gone a light shade of pink. "uhh.. yeah. i wont wear it if you don't want me too"

"no! go ahead" matt smiled.

"what's the other outfit" he asked. audrey nodded and grabbed out the white sweatshirt and black sweats. "they're literally the same outfit in two different colours audrey" matt deadpanned, looking at audrey through his small phone screen.

"so? i don't know if i should wear blue or white" she said and looked at the outfits again. "blue, it reminds me of when u first met me" matt chuckled and got up off his bed, walking over to the desk in the corner and pulling a chair up.

"oka- wait, you remember what i was wearing?"

"yeah, is that weird"

"no" audrey said, looking at the boy through her phone, he looked back at her for a few seconds before looking away to grab something. "okay i'll wear the blue"

"i cant believe you're leaving for a month" matt said, frowning as he came back into frame. "dude i'll be back soon, for my birthday! my moms staying in a hotel downtown so she doesn't miss it" audrey said, sitting down at her desk and taking off her makeup, deciding to re-do it all over.

"tell me something about your mom" matt said while looking down at a piece of paper. "my mom?"

"yeah. you know stuff about my mom" he shrugged and looked at her. "okay yeah but i've met your mom, i've talked to her. that's the huge difference sturniolo"

"okay but i'm gonna meet your mom in a month? i need to be prepared" matt joked and smiled at her. audrey rolled her eyes playfully at the boy before putting some foundation on her beauty blender. "well, her names michelle" she started, shutting up while she applied her foundation to her face.

"she has two beautiful daughters" audrey winked playfully at matt before continuing, "um and she loves playing board games"

"board games?" he asked and smiled at her. she nodded and sucked in a breath. "we always play them at christmas, this year it's my moms year so the board games will be cracked out"

"i thought u came here for christmas every year"

"no, my parents take turns. one year my dad, next year my mom"
audrey said, putting on a little bit of concealer and blending it in.

"that sucks. i was looking forward to christmas with you this year" matt said, letting out a sigh of disappointment. leaving audrey feeling a little bit guilty but also extremely happy at the same time. "you were?"

"yeah"

"oh"

matt looked at the girl as she was adding a little bit of colour to her makeup and simply watched her. he hadn't realised how truly beautiful audrey was until he just sat and observed, but that's who he is, an observer.

audrey looked away from the mirror and to matt, noticing he'd been staring. "hi" she said and smiled at him.

"hey" matt said, a small shade of pink now coating his cheeks. audrey checked the time and finished off her makeup with some mascara before picking up her phone, phone charger and her backpack and walking down the stairs.

"is this where we have to say goodbye till tomorrow when you get off your flight?" matt asked. audrey nodded and put her bag on the floor. staring at the phone in her hand. "yeah, but, you'll be the last person i message before i get on the flight and the first when i get off matty b, don't you worry"

"okay. i'll talk to you tomorrow audrey" he said, grabbing his own phone. "bye matty b! i love u"

"love you too" he said, before he hung up the phone. leaving a slightly sad audrey on the other side of the ended line. this is going to be the worst month ever.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ELLE TALKS

NO. they're too cute
i cant wait for the next
few chapters fr. they
gonna be so so cute.

also! yes this book starts
in late march, early april.
that's why audrey's birthday
is gonna be in like the next
10 chaps probably. i cant wait
fr. matt n audrey are definitely
gonna get closer over the
month they r apart n i literally
cant wait.

don't forget to vote! also, don't
be silent readers, comment
and get involved :) till the next
chapter