chapter 15

A few days later:
We had just gotten to the hotel here in Jeddah. I couldn't believe I was here with him for a Grand Prix. He had taught me the schedule for the weekend on the plane. It was apparently practice on the Friday and Saturday and then there was qualifying also on Saturday. Then the race was on Sunday. A very long weekend if you would ask me.

We had also gone over our little plan of sneaking around. I was both nervous and excited. What if someone caught us? I'm not ready for that yet. I brushed the thoughts away and went to the bathroom. There he was freshly out of the shower in just a towel hanging around his waist. I sneaked up and kissed him on the cheek.

-So about tomorrow, I asked. How are we going to do this?

-Well, I guess I could sneak you into the paddock. he said and smiled.

-Yes I know but where exactly am I going to be?

-Um, I guess you could be in my room or even somewhere so you could see me. In between the practice runs I'll be with you as much as I can.

-Okey, I said.

He looked at me trying to catch eye contact.

-You know, it will go fine I promise. I have a lot of people that can look after you while I'm driving and they won't say anything to anybody. he said trying to cheer me up.

-You promise? I looked at him now.

-Yes, I promise Lex.

We went to bed pretty early that night. Charles tried to keep me cheered up by talking about all the fun things that we were going to do this weekend. It worked. Even though I had a lot of second doubts, it worked. I wanted to be there with him, for him. I fell asleep with Charles arms wrapped around my body, I was ready for tomorrow.

The morning went by good. We ate breakfast, got ourselves ready and headed to the circuit. Since it was the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix which was a night race, the first practice didn't start until 5pm. It meant that we could take the morning to chill and that we didn't have to stress. But now just before lunch we were on our way. Charles had his job things to do and I followed.

I was nervous during the car ride there. I had a hard time sitting still, moving my leg up and down. Charles noticed and put his hand on my thigh.

-It will go fine, he whispered into my ear.

I smiled back at him before I continued to look out of the window. The car ride took longer than we had expected, there was a lot of traffic on the streets. Before I got out of the car I put on a hat and a pair of sunglasses. Luckily there was almost no people there. We got into the paddock easily. Charles had fixed me a pass.

Charles had job things to do. If I'm being honest I still don't really know exactly what he is doing. Before he had some sort of meeting we met some people. I shaked a lot of hands while Charles introduced me as a friend. He knew I was fine with it.

The day went by good so far just like he had said it would. I was now watching him doing his first practice run. It was crazy watching the cars go around. Who would even do this? Are they suicidal? Thinking Charles was in one of those cars kind of freaked me out. When he was done we barely had any time together before it was time for the second run. I didn't want to bother him to much as well. I just let him do his thing.

At the end of the day he came back to his drivers room. When he entered the room I gave him a big hug.

-I said the day would go fine, he mumbled while he had his face against my hair.

-Yeah, you were right. I said while we let go off our hug.

We sat in the car on our way back. The day had gone phenomenal. There hadn't been to much people there today and since it was dark no one really saw me. It went great. Charles seemed happy as well. His practice runs had gone well and he was ready for more tomorrow.

We ordered room service that night and ate together in our room. It was nice to finally have some alone time after a day like this. We went to bed early again. Ready for a day tomorrow.

The Saturday morning went by fast and we were already in the car on our way to the circuit. I had noticed that Charles was in his mood since we didn't talk too much this morning. As we got out of the car I once again put on a hat and a pair of sunglasses.

The paddock was filled with people. A lot more than yesterday. I felt stressed knowing that someone could recognise me. When we got into the Ferrari motorhome I started to feel calm again.

Charles went out for his third practice run. Since there was more people out there today I decided to stay in his room. I followed the timings on my phone while I also went through some social media.

The hour had passed and he came back in to see me.

-Did it go well? I immediately asked as he entered the room.

-You tell me, he's said while pointing at my phone.

I had forgotten to turn my phone off. It was now laying on the side with the F1 app open.

-Oh, yeah. I just had to check on my favorite driver. I said while he walked closer to me.

-And how did he do? he asked raising his eyebrows.

-Oh it went by good. Carlos had the second best time. I said trying not to laugh.

-Oh my god, he said rolling his eyes. I should have known when I asked you, he said laughing with me now.

He came even closer and took of his cap.

-Now, here Leclerc's biggest fan! he said while he put his cap over my head. It's time we get out of this room.

He dragged my hand and I followed him.

---