Who Is He?

Danzel, like a lightning, dashed in the direction she had run into. 

"Inessa," his gaze scanned the empty hallway carefully as he called her name. The woman had vanished into thin air. A flicker of irritation crossed his face. Gritting his teeth, he called her again while checking all the corners. She had run in this direction only.    

"Inessa," he called as he inspected the stairwell. 

His search brought her to the ladies' toilet. Without waiting, he opened the door. 

The toilet was empty just like the entire hallway. He got in and did a quick scan while walking in. A faint whiff of her dewy scent wafted through his nostrils, making him pause. He inhaled deeply to confirm. When he was sure, he searched the room again with his eyes.      

"Inessa," he called as he walked further in. No response came. 

There were a few cubicles in the loo.

"I know you are here. Come out," he opened the first door only to find it empty. She didn't come out. 

Danzel sighed in exasperation. He was trying his best to not let his control slip. 

"Come out now," he said with more force as he pushed the second door open. A fearful gasp echoed in the room. There was no way for him to catch it if he didn't have sharp ears.

He followed the noise that brought him in front of the last cubicle. He curled his long fingers around the handle and tried to open it only to meet with resistance. This one was locked.      

"I know you are in there. Open it," he stated as he let go of the handle and took a step back. All he received in return was a deep silence. 

Danzel clenched his jaw tightly at her disobedience. He had no idea why was she behaving like this. He had felt the whole crowd boring holes into his back as he had followed her out of the hall. Now the question will be asked and not talk about the damn media. 

"I said open the damn door," he roughly slapped the door in frustration. She didn't open the door. 

He clenched his fists and glared hard at the door. 

"So you want this hard way. Alright! then hard way what it will be," he stated cryptically and retreated a couple steps. Focusing on the door, he broke it open with just one hard kick. The door violently swung back, revealing her. 

He froze in shock when he found her huddled against the wall with her knees up to her chest. She had buried her face between her knees and was shaking violently. Her hair was a mess, it was obvious to figure that she had pulled at them. 

Not a moment later, she lifted her flustered face and met his gaze. There was so much pain in her bloodshot eyes. So much that it was hurting him physically. 

Inessa was having trouble breathing. She was looking at him with her imploring eyes for help as she constantly gasped for air. She was breathing but it wasn't reaching her lungs. The pitiful woman started dragging her body towards him as tears flowed down her eyes in quick succession. 

Danzel was quick to realize that she was undergoing a panic attack. In one large stride, he closed the remaining distance between them and crouched. He quickly gathered her cold, shivering body in his arms and pulled her onto his lap, hugging her close. 

" Listen to me, you will be fine....You will be fine, mon age," he told her as he cupped her cheeks.    

His assurance made her sob all the more helplessly. She was desperate to breathe. She touched her nose before waving her hand in no, more tears flooded down her eyes. Her lungs were close to bursting out.