17. "I seriously can't live without him"

Mila's POV

"So what do you say?", Maddy asked showing me her birthday makeup. "It's beautiful", I smiled at my best friend. Her makeup consisted of her signature eyeliner, which was a bit thicker today, and a blue outline.

"Thanks Mi, you look amazing", Maddy smiled. "Thank you", I had a darker eyeshadow laying on my eyelids along with a few rhinestones which created a wing, it kinda looked like the one Cassie did on new Year's.

I curled my hair into big curls and slipped on a white dress that was tight on my body, along with a sheer ab part.

Maddy put on a semi-tight black dress that had baby blue ruffles on the edges.

Whenever it was Maddy's birthday, she would make a party at our house. Don't ask me why but it was tradition.

"The girls are here", Lexi smiled coming into my room and smiling at Maddy. The two of us nodded and she left the room again.

"Is it visible?", I asked Maddy while standing up from the chair. "No, just put a little more powder on", Maddy said carefully dabbing a brush on my arm.

I had told Maddy about my run-in with Nate three days ago, lucky for me he left some marks on my arms. I hated when that happened, even though it hadn't happened for a long time, it really hurt when it did.

"Are you okay Mi?", Maddy asked breaking my thoughts. "Yeah of course", I smiled at her.

I lied if I said I was fine but I wasn't bad either, I just kinda felt numb. Going through a breakup is hard on its own and the situation Nate and I were in was even worse.

"Come on, let's have some fun", Maddy smiled.

I took her hand and led her downstairs where everyone was already waiting. Kat and BB were smiling at the birthday girl, as well as Suze and Lexi. We all placed our presents on the table so Maddy could open them soon.

It was also a tradition that Cassie made Maddy her cake or well ordered her cake. As soon as we were all seated, Cassie walked in with the cake in her hands.

Candles were burning on top of it giving the whole room another vibe. Cassie was wearing this beautiful dress and looked amazing all over again.

We watched in awe while Maddy blew out the candles making her yearly wish. We clapped and wished her a happy birthday.

Now it was time to give her the presents, I had gotten Maddy a very cute thrifted Tiffany and co. necklace which the seller gave away for a ridiculously low price.

"Oh my god Mi", Maddy gasped pulling me into a hug. I got up from my chair and placed the silver necklace around her neck and closing it, so she could wear it already.

BB and Kat got Maddy a Valentino clutch, Lexi got her a few new makeup items and Cassie made her a scrapbook that had their friendship captured in it.

It was honestly the cutest present ever.

We all sang happy birthday afterwards and ate some cake. This cake was honestly bomb as fuck, it was a creamy vanilla cake with some chocolate pieces in it.

Lexi and I quickly put away the dishes while Cassie and Maddy got out the drinks we have gotten for tonight.

"Have you talked to Nate again?", Lexi asked as we just stood in the kitchen for a second. "Yeah, unfortunately", I mumbled.

Lexi looked at me with a questioning face, "Well, I know he cheated Lex, there is no way he isn't. I actually hung out with Fez a few times now but that's not the point. Nate and I are taking a break right now, we both need to see where we stand and what we really want from that relationship", I explained to her.

"Yeah, maybe it's the best for you. I just want the best for you Mila, and as Cassie and Maddy and literally, everyone has already told you, maybe that someone is Fez", Lexi smiled weakly at me.

"Maybe Lex but I don't want to hurt him. I mean if I'm being honest we did kiss a few days ago and it just felt right but I don't want to pull him into this mess. He's too good of a person, I just know that if Nate gets his shit right, I'm gonna fall for him all over again", I explained sadly.

"I understand, have you told Fez?"

"Yes of course right after we kissed but he said he didn't care, I know he will eventually but I just like him so much. I seriously can't live without him", I said.

"I know Mi, maybe things will work out maybe not but what's important is that you two keep talking about it so that the damage isn't going to be bad", Lexi smiled squeezing my arm slightly making it hard for me not to wince.

"I think he is good for you Mi", Lexi smiled before walking back to the girls.

I stayed in the kitchen for a bit and thought about what Lexi had just said, maybe Fez was the right person for me in the end.

I sighed and pulled out my phone.

from Mila to Fez :) 8:34 PM

I'm starting to miss you

I closed my phone and went back to the girls, my boy drama had to wait for a night. Tonight was Maddy's night and something little like that should not ruin it.

The girls and I started with the drinks. "If you snitch to your parents about this, this will be your last time at the Howard house", Suze announced since she was handing us alcohol.

"No never", we all laughed. "Cheers to Maddy", we all smiled and took a shot on her.

Lexi turned on the music in the living room and we all started dancing, even Suze, which was fucking hilarious.

The music did wonders on my drunk mind, it allowed me to drift further into a dream-like state. My body felt loose and light, while I was moving it to the beat, all my thoughts and worries were gone, finally.

After about thirty minutes of dancing, I got myself another drink and went on my phone, to my luck Fez had answered me.

A smile appeared on my lips immediately, God Mila don't let yourself go that way, I thought to myself.

From Fez to Mila<3 9:11 PM

I already miss you too, come see me

"Who are you texting?", Cassie asked appearing next to me, handing me a drink. I was sitting outside on the porch just trying to get some fresh air.

"No one", I smiled at her, I haven't really had any alone time with my cousin lately.

"Is it Nate?", she asked. "No", I replied looking down on my hands, I actually still felt bad for kissing Fez even though I was still with Nate officially.

"Aren't you guys like back together?", Cassie asked taking another gulp. "No we're taking a break right now, things are just too complicated", I sighed.

Cassie wrapped an arm around me, "I'm so sorry to hear, maybe it's for the better".

"Maybe it is", I replied.

"Were you texting Fezco?", Cassie asked making me tense up a little, how could she know that I was talking to him?

"Uhm yeah, we're good friends as you know. He really helps me get through this situation", I explained not really wanting to give too much away to her.

"Oh, are you two like hooking up or something? I mean that would be a simple answer to why you're smiling"

"No, we're not, I'm still kinda with Nate", I said looking at her a little weird. Why was she asking all these weird questions?

"Hey you two let's dance", Maddy yelled at Cassie and I coming outside to us. "Yeah sure", I smiled wanting to escape the weird situation with Cassie.