14

14

Her puppy eyes were the last thing I saw before closing the door. Nagsisisi kong sinandal ang noo sa pintuan, saglit na nakalimutan ang paligid; nakahawak pa rin sa doorknob at nakapikit, gustong lumabas ulit at balikan na lang siya at sabihing ayos na. Hindi naman ako galit.

''What are you doing, hijo?'' Natigil ang mga ideyang tumatakbo sa isip ko nang narinig ang nagtatakang tanong ni Konsehala.

I immediately turned to see her, slightly ashamed of my actions. ''I'm sorry, Tita. Shall we start?''

''I know what happened between you and Joshien.'' Nanliliit ang mga mata niya nang tumingin. She then raised a brow, looking like a mother to me now. Umupo siya at pinatong ang mga braso sa desk. ''She apologized to you, Mayor. Why are you haven't forgiven yet?''

My lips parted in shock. Is she... mad?

''Joshien is a nice girl. I like her. She act fast and finishes her work well. I understand that you got upset at her for making you wait but... is it that bad na kaya mong hindi pansinin iyong tao?'' she sounded so disappointed. ''I don't think it's fair, Mayor Hassen.''

Nanghihina, umupo ako sa tapat ng kaniyang desk. We are supposedly going to discuss about the outcome of the 1st reading yesterday but it caught me off guard that instead of work, we are talking about Joshien.

Ang totoo niyan, hindi ako galit. O nagtatampo sa kaniya. I did not even plan to avoid her. I don't want to avoid her. In fact, I want her close to me.

After waiting for her for roughly two hours, that's when I realized how bad I am attracted to her. It was... scary... but refreshing. Growing up, I used to have flings specially in college. Just a single or two, then after that I had none. It was mostly just to satisfy my wordly desires, never for love or romance.

That's why that very moment, when I realized that Joshien made me wait for her for two hours, and I'm not even mad, not even irritated... just an overflowing feeling of wanting to see her and have her close, scared me.

Para bang, okay lang na maghintay, basta't sa paglubog ng araw ay makita ko siya. Pero nakakatakot. It scared me to death how fast and deep my attraction already is. How I could extend my limit, and still willing to broaden and challenge it... just for Joshien. I don't know if it's her magic, but it worked really well on me.

When I saw her in that very moment in between my attraction and fear, my chest pounded like something triggered the life on it. Her puppy and apologetic eyes, shivering lips, and extending hands were far different from her fierce and seductive gaze, firm lips, and snob mystique that what catched my attention the most. Her look was pleading, and I tried my very best to control myself and not to face her again, forgiving.

Bago ang lahat ang pagdating kay Joshien. She's like a breathe of fresh air, the one you'd always one to hold.

Tang ina, ang lakas na yata ng tama ko.

''I... did not plan to avoid her, Konsehala,'' I answered.

''But that's what you are doing now.'' Again, she arched a brow. Our family are very close friends but her attitude now seemed like she's closer with Joshien. Unconsciously, I smiled. ''I don't want an injured wing under me now that I'm very busy with sessions and pursuit of approval of the code, Mayor Hassen. Your closeness with my intern is weird enough, so don't stress me more,'' her tone was laced with concern.

When I closed the door after our brief meeting, my eyes automatically looked for Joshien. At nang makita ko siyang diretsong nakatingin sa akin at mukhang naghihintay sa paglabas ko ay agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin at dire-diretsong lumabas, hindi na pinansin pa ang pagpapaalam ng mga kasama niya sa loob.