XIII

This was your chance to attack first.

But how?

He was about 25 meters away from you and you had no technique that can attack from a distance.

Over all, you knew your techniques were far more effective in combat than distance fighting.

Technically, you could shift your cursed energy into your feet again and sprint towards him as fast as you can. But there was a chance that he noticed you right away.

After all, he has Sukuna inside him and you didn't want to mess with him.

Think, quick!

You had no other chance than trying it that way.

All the cursed energy you had shot to your feet and you sprinted as fast as you could towards him. The amount made your feet feel dizzy and with every step you took a hurtful stung went through your legs. But you had to ignore that.

Only a few meters away from him you placed a small amount of energy on the ground and then threw a hit towards him.

You missed it.

Or well, he dodged.

The boy grabbed your arm and dragged you around, just to push you away from him. Your feet slid Over the ground, causing you to fall on your ass. Quickly, you rolled yourself backwards and fixed your body posture to stand up again. Toe on toe, you stood on the opposite side, facing him.

„Y/N! Are you sure you wanna fight?" he asked and moved himself into a defensive position. „I might hurt you!"

Yuji stood exactly just a step away from the spot where you placed the cursed energy.

„Why y'all underestimating me?" you chuckled and snapped.

For a slight moment, you zapped into the inbetween and then out of it. As your feet met the earth again, you couldn't even blink and a hard fist hit your nose.

The pain immediately went through your whole head, causing your vision to turn black for a moment and a loud unpleasant moan slipped out of your mouth.

Quickly, you teleported yourself back to the other spot and you covered your face with your hand.

„Ah, shit!" you cursed out and your hand slowly got covered with blood.

„I saw the heap of cursed energy behind me!" he explained and shook the pain out of his hand.

„Agh, not bad!" you answered and scrunched your nose together to check if it was broken.

„I really don't want to hurt you!" he said again and relaxed himself a bit.

A big smirk appeared on your face and you got in an attacking pose. It felt like the air froze between you two and you chuckled.

„Itadori, I got this!"

With that you sprinted forwards to attack him from the front. As he tried to dodge by stepping to the side, you placed a small amount of energy every time you placed a foot on the ground.

„What are you doing, Y/N?" he asked and tried to put some distance between the two of you. But as he took a step back, you teleported behind him and pushed him forward with your whole strength. The moment he felt forward, you teleported in front of him and pushed him to the side.

As you said before, you didn't want to hurt anybody. If you had hit him with a punch and cursed energy, he would be knocked out any second.

You repeated this several times, over and over just pushing him around. It took an unholy amount of cursed energy for you to teleport around. Slowly, you felt how the speed you used decreased and your movements became sloppy.

Suddenly Itodori made a movement you didn't expect and your hands slid off his shoulder. Your hand missed his body and caused you to lose your balance. You couldn't react fast enough, so your hands quickly met the ground.

The insides of your palms got scratched up as you tried to rescue yourself by rolling to the side. Some pebbles and dirt got stuck in your palm and the burning feeling caused you to not be able to move your hand again. Your lungs hurt as you hit the ground, reactivating the pain you suffered as you got punched by Nobara.

This was bad, really bad.

The sudden confidence you had before, slowly started to crack into many pieces. Yuji hadn't even attacked you and you already were at your limits, just like Gojo.

Compared to all the others you were weak, weak and pathetic. You really thought you were something special, a superhero.

And yet you already struggled fighting against kids.

Now, it was the first time Yuji threw a punch towards you. It went right besides your head. The ground splitting up underneath his fist and the little pebbles went into your face.

Wow!

He leaned over you, his face right above yours, pinning your feet down with his hips.

You remembered this scenario! Quickly, you slung your arms around his neck and pulled you away from the ground.

That's a situation you knew from the self defense videos you watched on YouTube. And it really worked.

He did not expect you to do that, it caught him completely off guard and caused him to collapse on top of you. His weight fell on your lungs making it hard to breathe.

But somehow Yuji managed to get out of this situation and both of you stood up, getting away from each other.

He was a hand in hand combat fighter just like you. No technique for distance. It seems that your fighting styles were not that different.

Your lungs hurt! You could not breath fully, your palms and knees burnt and the elastics had holes in them. Your cursed energy was almost used up and Yuji hadn't even started yet.

Suddenly the boy started sprinting towards you with an insane speed. He probably would be as fast as you when you are teleporting. You couldn't even blink and he already threw a punch towards your body. In the last moment you placed your underarms between his fist and your face. You were sure he had broken your bones, both of them by just punching you.

All without cursed energy.

Super human speed and strength, material art skills, enhanced reflexes.

He had all you needed and he hasn't even used a cursed technique on you.

Jealousy started to crawl through your body and it quickly turned into anger. He was so much better than you. He had all you wanted.

You knew it was stupid and selfish and fucking childish but you couldn't help it. Somehow this feeling of being weak, of not being good enough triggered the anger that you kept inside since you were a kid.

As he tried to punch you another time -just right before he could have hit your arms again- you opened your defense and grabbed his fist with your hand.

This reaction caused him to punch you with his other hand but you did the same as well.

"I'm tired of this!" you mumbled -more to yourself than to the boy in front of you- and a glowing blue field appeared around your fists.

For a slight moment, you had enough strength to push him back and make him lose his balance, but it wasn't enough.

Just as he used his cursed energy, he pushed you over with such a force that you rolled over the ground many meters. Your head felt dizzy, your sight was blurry and your entire body burned like fire.

In your head you already accepted that you will crash against a tree and break your bones entirely. With a last breath you closed your eyes and pressed them together.

„If you wanted me to hug you, you could have just told me! No need to get beaten up!"