chapter 6

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As many of you know there is a new Iron Fey call of the forgotten book coming out in September! It is called the Iron Warrior and is the final Iron Fey book. EVER. There is a picture of the cover above. SO. EXCITED.

RECAP- Keirran, Ethan and Rebecca have been sent to give Oberon and Mab a message...

I gasped as we emerged from the dark wilderness of the wyldwood into the sunny plains of the seelie territory. I look around in wonder, trying to take in the surreal beauty before me. It wasn't like the frozen plains of Tir Na Nog, or the constant progress of the Iron realm. I looked around and all I could see was life. It was beautiful.

I sighed feeling the warmth of the sun on my back and the fresh cool air rushing past my face as we galloped across the plains.     

Before long our relaxing ride was almost over as we approached Arcadia, home of the Erlking. Keirran pulled his iron steed to a halt just short of a hill before turning to talk to me.

"Not far now." he muttered the look on his face grim. "Just make sure you stay out of Titania's way. That way she can't turn you into a rosebush."

I gulped. "Is that likely?"

Keirran only nodded as he turned his horse around sending it cantering towards the hill that lay before us. Ethan turned to me and grinned before galloping off after him, leaving me no choice but to follow, or end up as a recap's lunch.

To my surprise we didn't go over the hill, nor did it open for us. Instead be went through the hill finding ourselves inside the bright, beautiful kingdom of Arcadia. We rode through the crowds of fey, who hissed and drew back as we past them, looks of fear and disgust on their faces as the backed away from our horses.

We were stopped just short of the throne room by a pair of seelie knights the emblem of the summer court stamped across their breastplates. "We seek audience with Lord Oberon." Keirran said, bowing his head respectfully to the guards who were eyeing our horses as the crowds of fey in the courtyard had done beneath their helmets. "We bring news of the war from the Iron Queen."

The taller of the two guards stepped forwards, bowing his head as Keirran had done. "My Lord Oberon is not in court today."

Keirran groaned. "When will he return?"

"His lordship left hunting three days ago. He did not say when he would return."

Ethan swore. Keirran looked pained as he said "Very well. We shall pass on the message to Queen Titania instead." The guard nodded and opened the massive oak doors.

"Announcing Prince Keirran and Prince Ethan of the Iron court." He bowed, his voice echoing through the vast room before exiting. And there, seated on a massive throne made of living wood, was the seelie queen.

She smiled as we approached, reminding me of a cat before it pounces. I felt a shiver pass through my spine. Pull yourself together Beck I thought as we approach her. Keirran and Ethan won't let her hurt you. Then I remembered what had happened with Mab and I couldn't stop myself from shuddering at the memory.

"Queen Titania." Keirran said, dropping to one knee. Ethan and I hastily copied him.

"Rise Iron Prince." Her voice sent shivers down my spine. Just like all three of her rival queens Mab, Meghan and Leansidhe she simply radiated power. Mab's power was cold and deadly, Leansidhe was all glitz and sparkles. Meghan's power was constant the growing with the dreams of man, getting more powerful everyday. Her power was metallic and sharp. Titania was like a summer storm, beautiful and deadly. The four Queens of faery. All immensely powerful, all incredibly dangerous. And then there was the Forgotten Queen...

"My queen has asked I deliver a message to your husband tour majesty." Keirran voice snapped me back to the present. Get a grip Beck. One this at a time. Just try and focus on not getting turned into a hare right now. "She wishes you to know that though there has been no direct conflict for many weeks now, we have reason to believe the Forgotten will invade Arcadia to try and drain the power from the land and the fey within it. Because of this it has been decided that all trods in both the mortal world and the Nevernever are to be guarded by knights of the iron court as their power cannot be drained. All fey in the mortal world must return the either the Nevernever or the Between so that the forgotten can't drain the power to make themselves stronger."

I felt the earth tremble as the seelie queen rose to her feet. "You tell your queen that I will not have those Iron abominations inside my borders." she hissed. Lightning flashed outside and it began to rain. "And how dare she ask for banishments to be lifted." She was screaming now, and the rain was coming down like bullets as fey everywhere ran for cover.

"There is a war going on Lady Titania. And like it or not Iron are the only ones who can save the Nevernever now. If you want to win this war the you would do well to do as we say. The knights shall not corrupt your land nor will the harm any of your subjects. If you don't let them inside then the forgotten will invade your kingdom and drain all your power. Your kingdom will be utterly destroyed and you will have less power than a piskie. You need us." he kept his voice steady though I could see him shaking slightly as he faced the summer queen. I had only been in faery a short while but I knew it didn't matter that Keirran was a prince. You didn't piss of faery queens if you wanted to live.  

I looked at Titania and it was all I could do to not run away screaming. I did not want a repeat of last time. Outside the rain was flooding the courtyard, lightning striking the earth randomly as the queen of the summer faced us. thunder sounded echoing through the vast room as the earthquake grew more intense. I screwed my eyes shut and braced myself.

I am so so sorry it's been so long since my last update. Anyone who is still bothering to read this thank you so much. I was in Portugal last week and I re-read the iron fey, which finally got rid of my writers block. Once again I am so sorry and I WILL update next week. Thanks again :)