𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.

Rhegan Clarke

Rhegan Clarke

I got all of three hours of sleep last night.

Dominic on the other hand slept like a fucking baby as I debated what to bring on this little weekend get- a- way.

He did urge me to come to bed multiple times but eventually succumbed to his tiredness and fell asleep. While I, on the other hand, went through all of the clothes that I had recently rearranged and picked out six outfits for this weekend.

You can never have too many options.

And now I was paying for it, because at the ass crack of dawn, I was being shaken awake by Dominic and being told to get ready to head to the airport.

It took all of me not to tell Dominic to fuck off and let me rest but the reminder that I would get even more sleep on the flight over had me getting out of the bed and changing into the set I had laid out before going to sleep.

That was how I ended up half asleep and grumpy on Carson's family jet.

" I told you to come to bed." Dominic just can't help but remind me as he pushes my starbucks order across the table.

Now usually I would have a snappy response to his need to rub in my face how he was right, yet the fact that he remembered my starbucks order had me biting back my tongue.

Opening the bag, my eyes flicked to Dominic as I pulled out the egg and sausage sandwich. " You remembered?" I quirk a brow, digging through the bag for the sriracha sauce that came with.

Dominic watches me squeeze the sauce onto the sandwich as he takes a sip of his coffee.

Black. Two sugars. No creamer.

I cringed just thinking about the bitter taste that was settling on his taste buds.

" You act like we've been apart for ten years, Rhegan." He joked, lowering his coffee cup onto the table separating us.

Biting my inner cheek, I turned my head to see Carson and Ayanna cuddled up per usual. Meanwhile, Jora was curled up on the couch as Kyler sat across from her, keeping an eye on her as he watched some film from their last game.

I turn around to find Dominic studying me carefully. His stare was attentive as ever and I couldn't help but cower from it as I looked down at my fingers, running the pad of my thumb over my knuckles.

How much did he learn about me just by studying me?

" Would you remember my order then?" I swallowed, looking up at him to see his head tilted to the side, confusion on his face.

" Would you remember my order if we hadn't reconciled now. If we reunited ten years down the road, would you remember my order?" I clarified.

Dominic's lips morph into a slow grin as he nods. " I'd remember your complicated, sugary ass Starbucks drink when I'm eighty and halfway senile, Rhegan."