thirty-six

MORGAN HAD OFFICIALLY MOVED into her dorm at MIT. She loved Boston so far, it was a new atmosphere, and she liked the fresh start. However, she felt a part of herself missing someone when Morgan tried to do everyday things within her routine.

It's been three weeks since Morgan had started college, while it's been Peter's first week back at Midtown Tech. They have FaceTimed countless times throughout the day, but Peter had planned to go to Boston today to surprise her.

He walked up to her dorm with a small bouquet of flowers. Peter knocked on the creme door, causing him to hold his breath in excitement. His eyebrows frowned when he saw someone open the door that he didn't recognize.

She had olive skin with a nose ring piercing, and she started to chuckle seeing who was standing in the hallway. "You must be Peter Parker, Morgan's boyfriend right?"

Peter nodded nervously, "I'm sorry, am I at the wrong dorm?"

She shook her head and opened the door more, allowing him to come inside. "Nope, Morgan should be here soon. Her lab just ended."

Peter walked into the room and saw two beds on opposite sides of the room. It was easy to know which side of the room was which. Both of them had different aesthetics to their sides of the room. He started to smile to himself, seeing a photo of both of them on Morgan's desk.

"I'm Priya, Morgan's roommate," Priya said, going to her side of the room and placing clothes in her suitcase. "Does she know that you're here?"

Peter turned around and shook his head, "no, I'm surprising her."

She softly smiled, "that's sweet and possibly the best timing ever. I'm leaving for the weekend, meaning both of you will have the dorm to yourself."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's my brother's birthday this weekend. I'm from California, hence the suitcase," Priya said, gesturing to the suitcase. "Plus, I overpacked, so I'm bringing some of my clothes back home and some college hoodies for my cousins." She said all in one breath, then glanced at Peter, "You're applying here, right?"

Peter then nodded at her question, making her chuckle.

"That will be cute, you and Morgan going to the same school together. It's like something out of a book."

"I just hope I get accepted, though, because of everything going on."

Priya sighed and froze the hoodie that she was about to place in her suitcase, "I get that, but I'm sure you will."

The door started to open, causing both of them to turn towards it. Morgan froze when she made eye contact with Peter, standing a few feet away from her with flowers in his hand. She went towards him and hugged him with all the strength in her arms. Morgan couldn't believe that he was standing in front of her.

She pulled her body away from the hug and placed her hands on his face. Morgan placed her lips on his making Peter pull her closer. They pulled apart, causing Peter to hand her the flowers. Morgan looked at the flowers, then back at Peter, which had a warm smile looking down at her. She could feel her heartbeat against her chest, "You're here in Boston."

Peter smiled down at her, "You know, I would do anything for you."

Morgan felt her face warm and then back at the flowers.

A suitcase fell to the floor, catching both teens' attention. Priya moved her bag towards her desk. "I'm going to head out to let you both have the room. I'm coming back at six to get my suitcase because my flight isn't until nine," she said while grabbing her tote bag. "So remember Priya will be back at six," Priya pointed at Morgan and Peter while reaching for the door.