~ Forty Two ~

A/N~ I'm so sorry! I really didn't intend on taking so long to get this chapter out, but at last, it's here! I kind of just lost all motivation to finish off the chapter until a few days ago, so hopefully you enjoy it.

1st January 2020

~ Sophia's POV ~

Harry's dad reached his hand out towards me, which I took hold of to give a firm shake. "Oh blimey, sorry about that, welcome to Guernsey. I'm Adrian." I smiled at him as I took a step back, joining Cormac and Harry again.

"Thank you, it's great to finally meet you. I'm Sophia, and this..." I placed my hands on Cor's small shoulders, encouraging him to step forward, he took a couple of steps and reached his hand out to Adrian for a handshake as well. "This is my son Cormac." The pair shook hands, Adrian's eyebrows shooting upwards in surprise and his knees trembling slightly.

"My god boy... That's some handshake you have there. Don't think I have any feeling left in my hand." As he pulled his hand back, he shook it out dramatically, making Cor laugh out loud, it even pulling a quiet chuckle out of myself and Harry. "Good on you lad-"

"Is that you Harry?" A loud female shout sounded from elsewhere in the house, before footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs just ahead of us. Harry's mum came into view a small black and white dog following behind her. There's a wild smile on her face as she stopped at her husband's side, looking at the three of us by the door. "Oh look at them..." With soft eyes, she looked us over, a warmth radiating from her as she did, pride in her eyes. The small dog sniffing around myself and Cor, before jumping up at Harry's legs.

"Settle down Herb, lad."

We exchanged pleasantries with Harry's mum, Tricia, who welcomed me with a hug which I happily accepted. Cormac simply gave her a shy smile, moving closer to my leg in order to shield himself away.

"Oh i'm so happy to finally be meeting the both of you, especially you Cormac, Harry has told me so much about you both." I turned back towards Harry, a smirk on my face, which he just rolled his eyes at with an exasperated sigh. Placing his left hand on Cor's shoulder and his right on my lower back he encouraged us to move forward. Herb still scampering around our feet.

"Right, are you going to let us come in and settle, or keep badgering us at the door? I don't need you scaring them both off before they actually get to see Guernsey." His parents both gave the exact same reaction that Harry did only a few moments before, but they lead us through the doorway behind them, which lead to an open plan kitchen, dining and living area. "Do you want a cup of tea or something Phia? Mac, some juice? lemonade?"

"Yes please." Cor nodded his head too in confirmation, without actually saying what he wanted. So when I asked him if it was juice or lemonade that he wanted, he gave me a incredulous look before sassily saying "Both...". A short giggle escaping him. That's my child right there.

"I'm good, thanks bub." He nodded before looking over to his parents, who were making themselves comfortable on the sofas just off to the side of us. They both refused, Adrian gesturing to his mug on the coffee table in front of him, meaning he already has his hot drink of choice. Harry dissapeared back towards the kitchen, the kettle clicking on only seconds later, I turned back towards his parents, his mum waving me over to sit besides her whilst Adrian turned the tv on.

"Why don't you come show me what cartoons you watch Cormac? It's been a long time since this old man has been able to watch any." Cor giggled as he made his way over to Harry's dad, and made himself comfortable next to him on the sofa, Herb jumping up between the pair and snuggling into Adrian's leg. Turning to face Tricia, she gave a toothy grin.