Chapter Eighteen

LYRA
_______

I closed the door after myself as I stepped inside the room. The scent of his cologne engulfed me, and I took a moment to appreciate it.

My Wolf purred at how amazing our mate smelled, but before I could get side tracked again, I snapped myself out of my infatuation.

My hands trailed over the rack of clothes with shirts on them, and all I could think was why he had so many of the same shirts.

I continued to explore Alexander's closet, but nothing of interest caught my eyes. There was no sign of any secret girlfriend or anything interesting out of his clothes, I was left disappointed. My Wolf, on the other hand, was happy.

Twenty minutes later or so, I was sat on Alexander's bedroom floor, with an astrology facts book in my hands. Half of the time, I was sat rolling my eyes at the 'facts.'

"I am sorry about that," Alexander said when he joined me. "It was my mother. She does not know of your existence as of yet."

I didn't need to ask him how he knew where I was, it was quite clear. If anything, my scent had guided him. And I was glad to know his mother wasn't aware of my existence. It saved my face for another while.

"You said you'd deal with it quickly," I muttered, closing the book shut. "I don't have to meet her, right?"

The boy arched a brow from where he was stood by the door. "Maybe not right now, but you will have to eventually."

I grimaced, but dropped the topic in hopes that I would not have to meet her for a long time. Formalities made me cringe.

"Let me see Jaxon," I demanded, and picked myself up off of the floor.

"No."

"I'm not asking for permission!"

"You are not seeing him."

Crossing my arms, I arched a brow at him. "Why not? You don't trust me?"

Alexander snarled. "It is him that I do not trust!"

I chuckled, humourlessly. "That boy has been my family since I can remember!"

"So?" he retorted. "I am not letting him take you away from me."

"No one is taking me anywhere. I can take myself," I snapped. "I just want to speak to him."

My mate guarded me with hard eyes, and proceeded to shake his head. "No."

"If you want me to stay with you then you will grant me permission which I shouldn't even have to ask for! I am seeing Jaxon, whether you like it or not."

"I am doing this for your safety," he sneered. "Being near him is not safe for you!"

"Jaxon would never hurt me!" I cried, feeling ridiculed by my own mate.

"You do not kn-"

"Alexander, if you don't let me visit my captured best friend, I swear on the moon God's, I will reject you," I threatened, cutting him off.

My words silenced him. He looked dumbfounded, and angry. His forehead creased, and I saw a faint glimpse of his canines. The white sclera on his eyes had turned completely black. He looked furious.

In a matter of seconds, he had me pulled flush in to his chest. I could feel sparks erupting through our bodies at the mere touch.

My mate was breathing loudly as he held me close. He looked like he was fighting a battle against his Wolf.