Chapter Nineteen

LYRA
________

"Five minutes, I said. That was six."

I rolled my eyes and started to walk towards the direction of his house. I was angry with him, he had my best friends locked up.

As expected, I merely took a step before Alexander tugged at my hand and pulled me roughly in to him.

"Do not ignore me," he snarled, his breath brushing over my face.

After Jaxon had filled my head with his plan, I suddenly felt more confident than ever.

My eyes raked over my mate, until they landed on his eyes. The blue in them were taken over by a darker grey shade. His Wolf was at bay and that excited mine.

"I'm not ignoring you," I told him, my voice calm.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "No? Then what was that?"

I tilted my head to the side. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Alexander arched a brow. "What happened in there? What did the pup tell you?"

"That," I taunted, digging my index in to his chest. "Is for me to know and for you to never find out."

With that said, I strutted away from him and began walking.

Alexander didn't tug at my hand to stop me, instead, he stepped right in front of me. His eyes were completely black, making me step back slightly.

"Do not walk away from me when I am speaking to you!" Alexander growled.

"I'm tired," I complained, not wanting to argue with him. "Can we just go back to your house?"

"Something happened," he commented, narrowing his eyes at me. "What did the Wolf tell you?"

"You have me here by force!" I snapped at him. "And now you want me to report every conversation I have with others?"

He didn't appreciate my words, because he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his chest roughly.

A low growl erupted through his chest, sending electrical currents to radiate down my spine.

"You are mine," he declared, his voice hard. "I will not allow you to speak to me that way over a mere Wolf."

"A mere Wolf?" I scoffed, glaring up at him.

Alexander tilted a brow. "Unless there is more going on between the two of you?"

His words earned a low, humourless, chuckle from me. "Jaxon is my family!"

"I am your family," he hissed. "That boy belongs to the enemy, our enemy."

"Your enemy," I corrected him. "I will tell you this once, Jaxon will always be my family— whether you like it or not."

"You are my mate," he bellowed furiously. "My enemy is your enemy."

"You're my enemy!" I almost yelled at him, my voice shaky.

Alexander didn't respond. He guarded me with hard, cold and dark eyes. I hated arguing with him. It riled up my Wolf and made me feel overwhelmed, but I also really disliked him. Why would such a handsome, yet dark person have to be my mate? The more I glanced at him, the more I wanted to stand on my tiptoes and kiss him.

"We are going home," Alexander stated, placing his hand around mine. "And we are going to talk."

"Whatever," I grunted, but let him pull me away with him.

I heaved a sigh of relief; at least he had stopped questioning my conversation with Jaxon.

What exactly would I tell him? Jaxon has formulated a plan that I should follow to help the trio in the prison escape?

I was pretty sure the answer to that would be me ending up in the exact place where the trio currently were. My mind remained on the task at hand. First; distract Alexander. Second; take action.

Alexander handed me a warm cup of what smelled and looked like hot chocolate, before he returned back to the kitchen counter to retrieve his own drink.

"I want to know the lies that Gabriel has fed you," he started saying, his voice hard, as he took a seat on the sofa opposite to the one I was sat on. "You will tell me what you know in detail."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I don't owe you a detailed explanation, just like how you didn't tell me you had my best friends locked up."

"They trespassed. They're lucky to be alive," he responded harshly. I gaped at him, shocked by his words, but Alexander only sighed loudly. "Look, I don't want to argue with you," he stated, his voice low. "I am trying to understand you."

"There is nothing to understand!" I snapped, lowering the cup in my hand on to the coffee table.

Knowing my clumsy self, I would probably pour the hot drink all over myself if I kept it in my hands. The coffee table was the safer option.

"Lyra," he sighed. "For once, just do as you are told."

Exhaling loudly, I glanced at my mate for a minute before finally giving in. "Gabriel told us you attacked and took away Wolves. The Wolves never returned and were labelled dead."

Alexander took a sip of his coffee, not phased, and gestured with his hand for me to continue. I frowned, but continued.

"A lot of Wolves were torn from their families," I muttered. "Pale Moon is heavy on family, and you ruined that for many."

My mate was watching me with cold eyes, a dark shade coating the white sclera. He seemed furious, but I wasn't sure.

"Fine," he finally said, his jaw clenched. "Anything else that I should know?"

I gaped at him, anger building up. "That's it? That's all you have to say?"

"I want to know what else that idiot brainwashed you with," Alexander snapped.

"Brainwashed?" I gasped. "He told us you would say that if you were confronted!"

Alexander placed his mug on to the coffee table and rushed toward me. In a matter of seconds, he had me pinned down on the sofa and hovered above me.

"You will not speak so highly of that loser," he snarled, his eyes completely black. "I don't care if you are mated to him, you are mine!"

My heart beating frantically in my chest was the only thing my brain could focus on. Alexander's close proximity drove me completely insane.

Meanwhile, he looked furious, all I could think about was kissing him. His lips completely hypnotised me. As if he had read my mind, his head lowered and he pressed his lips against mine.

As furious as I was, I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his torso. The frustration that I felt was slowly subsiding and I only felt the ache between my legs, for him.

His tongue pressed against mine, his hand roamed down my sides roughly. One of his hands cupped my face, allowing him to hold me in place as he tongue moved against mine.

When he pulled away and began trailing kisses along my mandible and down to my carotid, I could feel the heat between my legs intensify. Alexander drove me completely crazy, and I could hardly restrain myself.

With the way my heart was racing, being connected to him was exactly what I needed to burn my desire. I needed him. I wanted him.

Closing my eyes, I moaned softly as his tongue licked along my skin, making me whimper against the sofa. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Before I could get lost in the heated fantasy of what I thought was going to happen next, when his canines sunk down in to my neck, I cried out in pain.

Pushing at him made no difference, it only caused the pain to double. I wasn't sure what he had done, but I could feel myself get weaker by the second. And just when I thought Alexander was planning on killing me, he finally tore his lips away from my skin, making me go limp in his arms.