18. The Legend

Warning! Some parts of this chapter trigger self-harm and suicide.

Dear readers, suicide is never an option. Whatever you’re passing through or facing will soon be over. Hang on in there, please.

..

After that encounter with Rook Francesca, I headed to Knight Lydia’s quarters. My intentions were simple— I wanted Piper in my room.

Then I would practice more and find the key after.

Luckily, she agreed. Although with the condition that Piper shared a bed with me, since it wasn’t in her power to move anything in the castle.

She had suggested me talking to Bishop Cicilia about it, but I waved it off agreeing.

What was worse than going to one’s enemies for help?

Cicilia would pay for her deeds, with Lady Francesca.

But that was until I found the truth.

Because something didn’t quite add up. I sensed a hidden enemy; pulling the strings.

Who was he? She? It?

“Thank you, Ava…”

Piper huskily let out, with tears coming out her eyes. I sighed, looking down at the way her lashes rested on her cheeks. She wore a scowl on her face, with her mouth in a pout.

I wondered how much she had to go through in those girls’ hands.

“Be rest assured, Piper. You got me now…with Emily,”

I bent down, wiping off her tears with my thumbs. I looked into her big brown eyes which wore an innocent look.

“Sure…”

Her feeble hands moved to hug my both legs the instant I stood up. I looked at the girls as they chattered with each other. Narrowing my eyes at Emily, gossiping with Felicia with some other girls.

It was a little strange she wasn’t on duty as Lydia’s personal assistant.

“Tell us! Tell us! Tell us!” the girls suddenly chorused.

I slowly made Piper ungrasp my thighs, walking towards where they chattered.

Going unnoticed, I sat in their midst, wondering why they suddenly chorused those words to Felicia, Lady Knight’s assistant.

“Okay, okay fine.” Felicia breathed out.

For a second, I thought she looked at me but it was a little brief so I waved it off.

“Many years ago, a woman gave birth to twins on a full Moon. In the past, children born on a full Moon, symbolized blessings to the community.”

So, it was a story.

Well…I loved stories.

I shifted towards Emily. She smiled at me for a first, intertwining her hands with mine.