Act XVII

It'a almost funny how much you guys really don't like Zach.

Anyway, here's a chapter where Zach is 99% ✨irrelevant✨

***

Jimmy was relieved when drama club had finally rolled around. However, when he opened the theater doors and walked inside, nobody was there. Well, nobody except Scott, who was walking out from behind the curtains.

"Oh, hey, Jimmy," Scott said with a smile, waving. Jimmy's cheeks flushed as Scott tucked a stray hair behind his ear. Scott's hair was longer than most boys', and he usually kept it tied back in some sort of braid or bun, but today he'd left it down.

"H-hi," Jimmy breathed. God, he's so pretty-

"Everybody's down at the workshop," Scott said as he bent down to grab a duffle bag off the floor by one of the rows of seats. "We're making the scenery today." It wasn't until now that Jimmy noticed Scott was wearing really small denim shorts over black leggings.

Jimmy nodded, forcing his eyes away. "Right." He heard Scott giggle and turned his head back to the cyanette.

"See something you like?" Scott teased with a wink, though Jimmy didn't miss the blush on Scott's cheeks as Jimmy's face reddened even further.

Jimmy stood there for a second, sputtering flustered nonsense as he tried to gather his thoughts in his head.

Scott threw his head back in a laugh. "I'm only teasing," he said, throwing the strap of his bag over his shoulder. He stood in front of Jimmy, pausing for a moment before stepping forward and wrapping his arms around Jimmy's torso.

Jimmy's face felt like fire with the crimson red tint. "Wha-"

"Thank for you standing up to Zach," Scott said into Jimmy's chest, and he held on a little tighter. "He... he could've done something terrible, and- and you stopped him, and-" He took a shaky breath as he pulled away. "Thank you."

Jimmy stared down at Scott for a moment, a soft smile on his face. "Of course," he said.

They stood there for a second, hazel and baby blue staring deeply into each other. It felt like time stopped as they stared at each other, butterflies fluttering about in their stomachs.

Suddenly, Scott looked away. "We should probably go," he said, turning his red face away.

"Yeah," Jimmy breathed. His face was a much deeper shade than Scott's was, and he felt tingly all over.

Scott walked over to the double doors, but stopped and turned back to Jimmy before opening them. "Hey, uh..." He trailed off, digging the toe of his Converse high-tops into the carpeted floor nervously as he looked away. "Zach's going out with some friends tonight, and I'm too young to go with them, so..." He looked back up at Jimmy. "Wanna hang out after drama club is over?"

Grinning like an idiot, Jimmy nodded. "Sure," he agreed as he approached. He didn't miss the way Scott's eyes lit up when he said yes.

"Sweet!" Scott hopped onto his toes. "It's a date."

Jimmy felt heat rush up his neck and into his face again, though he didn't get chance to say anything before Scott put a hand on the blonde's cheek and kissed him. A dull ache bloomed in Jimmy's chest, along with a mix of several other emotions.

"Race you to the workshop," Scott said quickly, faster than Jimmy could process. "Last one there's gotta buy the other a chocolate shake!" And then he was gone, darting down the hallway.

Jimmy shook himself before following behind the other, shouting, "No fair! You play football!"

Scott cackled in front of him, turning so he was running backward. He stuck out his tongue, and Jimmy laughed.

"Show-off!"

Scott continued to laugh while he turned back around, and just as he was about to win the race, he stopped dead in his tracks.

Jimmy slowed down, but was still moving rather quickly. "Why'd you sto- ah!" He slipped on something and grabbed onto Scott's arm by instinct.

Scott whipped his head around to give Jimmy a confused, wide-eyed look before being pulled down by Jimmy's weight, letting out a high-pitched squeal as they hit the ground.

Jimmy groaned as he sat up from lying in a small puddle of water, rubbing a sore spot on his head. It was only then that he noticed the wet floor sign.

The door to the workshop opened, and in the doorway stood an unamused Mr. Harding.

"There you two are," the teacher said. He sighed, taking his glasses off and pinching the bridge of his nose. "It's always something with you boys."

Scott and Jimmy looked at each other, their backsides soaked and silly smiles on their faces. Scott was the first to giggle, followed by Jimmy, and soon they full-on burst into hysterical laughter.

Mr. Harding huffed a laugh, rolling his eyes at the sight. "Alright, you two," he said. "Get off the floor and get in here. You've got work to do."

Joel gave Jimmy an odd glance as the latter walked into the workshop. "What's that smile for?" he asked skeptically. "And why are you wet?"

"Oh, I don't know," Jimmy said with a sigh, smiling. "It's nothing."

Groaning, Joel rolled his eyes. "Tell me, you goof, or I'm dumping this pint of paint over your head," he threatened, though there was no heat backing his words.

Jimmy blinked. "Right, uh..." Glancing over at Scott, who was laughing with some of the female cast on the opposite end of the room, the blonde leaned in closer to Joel. "Scott kissed me," he whispered, and the corners of his lips curled into a cheeky little smile.

Joel looked at Jimmy as if he'd said something so incredibly offensive that he'd be sent to jail if anyone else had heard. "He what?!"

The room went quiet and all heads turned to the two boys. Jimmy gasped and clamped a hand over Joel's mouth immediately, waiting for everyone to continue as they were, before saying lowly, "Quiet, or that paint is going on your head."

Joel, in shock, nodded stiffly and gasped dramatically for air when Jimmy let him go. He huffed. "Jeez," he mumbled before grinning mischievously. "So, how'd his chapstick taste, loverboy?"

"JOEL!!"

*   *   *

This chapter is pretty short, so I'm going to post a second chapter in a bit so y'all have a little more content for today ;) /pos