Season 2 Chapter 10 : Complications

After the mission to save Blue Beetle and (Y/N) from the Reach ship, Miss Martian has been drifting around in guilt after knowing that Artemis is alive and had broken Aqualad's mind. Suddenly, when she was out with Lag'aan she was captured by Tigress and Deathstroke and taken to Black Manta.

Black Manta put a remote control explosive collar around her neck and gave her an ultimatum to fix his son Aqualad, or be killed.

Currently, Miss Martian and Tigress were in Aqualad's room as Tigress was giving Kaldur some water.

Tigress : He's still not himself. *looks at mirror* ( But then, who is? )

Miss Martian : ( So what's our next move? ) 

Tigress : ( With that inhibitor collar disabling your shapeshifting and telekinetic abilities, not sure. )

Miss Martian : ( I guess we're lucky Deathstroke hasn't pressed a button to block my psychic powers too. )

Tigress : ( Or pressed another to blow your head off with the explosives built in the collar. )

Miss Martian : ( It hardly matters. We know Manta plans to kill me as soon as I've cured his son. )

Aqualad : ( Which is why you must not learn I am already cured, until we devise some way to save M'gann's life. )

Tigress : ( Yeah, but the question is, how long can we continue to stall? )

Suddenly, Black Manta came into the room.

Black Manta : My patience has run out, Martian. You have twenty-four hours. Finish curing my son, or die.

With that said Black Manta exited the room and closed the door behind him.

Miss Martian : ( Guess that answers your question. I'm doomed either way.

=======================================================================================================

Outside of the ship, two figures in diver suits were hiding behind some rocks waiting for Manta's ship to pass. When it did they both propelled themselves towards the ship before placing suction cups on it, so that they didn't fall off. 

One of them opened the keypad that opened the door to enter the ship, and placed a device over it. Multiple different codes appeared on the device before it got the right code and the door opened and they both went inside.

Inside of the ship one of the guards noticed that the airlock had been opened. He went to investigate but he was knocked out by the two figures. They took off their helmets and it was revealed that they were Sportsmaster and Cheshire.

Cheshire : *to Sportsmaster* I wanna make one thing clear. *takes off diver suit* I'm only working with you to avenge my sister.

Sportsmaster : Yeah, 'cause you and Artemis were always so close. Rationalize it however you want, little girl, just handle Aqualad and leave Black Manta to me. *puts on mask* I need to put him down to preserve my rep.

Cheshire : And that's all you care about.

Sportsmaster : Don't kid yourself, Jade. We're not that different.

Cheshire didn't say anything and simply put on her mask. The two then went out into the corridor before hiding around a corner. Sportsmaster took out a small camera and it extended around the corner and he saw a camera. He shot a small device at the camera and it was placed on a loop.

Sportsmaster rolled a ball towards a guard and it electrocuted him, knocking unconscious. Cheshire ran out to check the map of the ship while Sportsmaster hid the body. She found the location of Kaldur's room and opened a vent to get there while Sportsmaster roamed the ship looked for Black Manta.