Chapter 12

*Unedited*

"Let me give you a hand with that," Ethan said, grabbing her suitcase and a bag, leaving her to carry only one other bag.

"Thanks," she said, looking at him gratefully.

Ethan locked his car and they walked to her apartment building. He waited for her to open the door before following her inside.

"Do you need any help unpacking?" He asked as he placed the bags in a corner once they were inside her apartment.

"Nope. I got it." She took a seat beside him on the couch and sighed. "You know I really appreciate you helping me. This is where I've been living since so long. It was tough to say goodbye."

"I understand that. I'm happy to help."

"Thanks."

"Just let me know when your payments are due and stuff like that. I will take care of it. And don't give me that look."

"What? What look?" She asked that even though she had an idea of what he was referring to.

"That look that says that you are embarrassed.

"I am," she admitted.

"You have got nothing to be embarrassed about." He said. "Get it?"

"It's just that, money is such a sensitive issue." She sighed.

"Yes. But it isn't worth more than your happiness." He looked at her, making sure he was getting his point across.

For a moment, Dana wanted to believe that when he said, 'your' happiness, he meant hers in particular. But of course his words had a general meaning, she thought to herself.

"Thank you. You've done me a huge favor."

"It's not a problem at all. Do you have something to eat?" He asked, rubbing his stomach. "I'm a bit hungry."

"I haven't had dinner either and I didn't get a chance to cook," she admitted.

"I could get food delivered if you want," he suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea."

"Any preferences?" he questioned as he brought his phone out of his pocket.

"Uh...Pizza?"

"Pizza it is," he said, bringing his phone to his ear a few moments later.

Dana walked to her kitchen area to grab a glass of water and waited for Ethan to get off the phone.

"Would you like something to drink?" she asked.

"Yes, please." Ethan didn't know how thirsty he was until he took the first sip of water. "Thanks," he said after finishing his glass. "I needed that."

"No problem." Dana took the glass from his hands and put it in the sink along with hers.

"Food will be here in 30-40 minutes."

"That sounds like forever!" She complained, sitting on the couch.

Ethan settled beside her on the couch. "We can watch Netflix to kill time."

"I'm not subscribed to it."

"I am. Give me your laptop," he said.

Dana got up from the couch to bring her laptop before settling back on it.

"Alright," she sighed, turning it on.

For the next half an hour or so they watched Netflix, until their food was delivered. They continued watching as they ate, making a small conversation every now and then.