3. Elope.

SUMMER FLING

She again rubbed her eyes to see if it's the letter written by her sister or was it some prank.

Dear Daksh, papa and Pari,

I know that you guys maybe shocked to know about this decision of mine but I genuinely had no other option left. I haven't ran away with a guy but I went away to Pursue my dream and bring back my carrier to the tracks. I took this decision all by myself.

I am also sorry Abhimanyu, aparna ma, jassie dada and papa. I know that I have broke all your trust but this was all fate and destiny. I can't give up on my Career just because of that THREE KNOTS. Life has no meaning without freedom and sucess.

~ Your obiediently
Aashna

Drishti fell on the floor with the thud. She couldn't even digest the whole lot that's happening. How could she tell others that her sister had eloped from the wedding. How will her dad face this society? Abhimanyu’s face strike across her face, is this all his plan? Did he do this? Did he kidnap her sister?

No! He can't do this. He didn't.

“BUT HE IS CRUEL. HE wasn't a good man back then too”, her subconscious mocked her.

"Drishti, you can't even work properly. You are-

Ashok's stopped in the middle seeing his daughter sitting on the floor, crying. He understood why Drishti was a crying mess, He saw the lehenga lying on the bed. He shut his eyes & fisted his palms kicking the bed causing drishti to flinch by her dad's sudden action.

"She won. She did it now. She ran away as she had said.", her father whispered.

"Papa, what are you-

"Just shut up. This is all because of you. You are such a bad omen. You never allow a single Auspicious work get completed in our house,You mercilessly broke this one too.", he yelled.

"Papa, I didn't knew-

"I SAID JUST SHUT UP", he Slapped her. A yelp of pain left her lips as she felt her cheeks burning.

"Ashok ji, what happened? Why are you even doing?", Aparna rushed towards drishti who was now standing in the corner of the room like a scared kitten.

"She ran away.", ashok cried. Aparna couldn't Register what he just said.

"Papa, where is Aashna? Why are you crying?", Daksh sat down.

"She did what she wanted.", ashok cried again.

"So you guys knew that Aashna was not happy with this marriage, yet you guys forced her into this? Didn't you? We never expected this from you ashok.", shekhar, Abhimanyu's dad spoke.

"Ashok, this is a girl's life. She didn't elope with any guy but she wanted to complete her carrier. What's wrong in that? But did you stop your very own daughter from this?", Aparna said calmly.

"Sorry Aparna ji. I had to. Your proposal was something that was up to our prestige. Even I wanted to send my daughter to a good house, every daughter wants best for his daughter.", ashok cried while and Shekhar and Daksh tried to console him.

"You still have the time Ashok ji", aparna took in some breathe & continued. “I need Drishti as my daughter in law”

"What are you telling Aparna ji?"

"Yes Ashok ji. You still have another daughter and I would love to make her my daughter in law gladly. I hope you remember that it was drishti whose hand I asked for marriage but it was you, who came up with excuses. Seems like, destiny has different things held for us", she said smiling at drishti and holding her hands as she caressed her hairs.

"No way in the hell it's possible. She is a bad omen. She will make your house hell. She will kill you just like she killed her mom.", he yelled.

Drishti cried meekly. She turned back so that no one could see her cry because she didn't even have that much of independence to outcast her emotions. She was just a useless trash. She had sister who would save her from anything or anyone but today, her sister is the one who put her up in this disaster.

"Why didi, Why?", she cried slowly.

_______

• Drishti & Abhimanyu •