❶❼

It was the next day and you just finished eating a little bit ago.

You were currently changing into a short kimono, you got it from Urokodaki and it was a spare from an old student

You smoothed down your hair, even though it'd get messed up later.

If you couldn't figure it out, you were going to train along with Tanjiro today.

Walking out of the room, you ran outside, where the other two were.

You muttered a quick sorry, then stood next to Tanjiro.

Urokodaki gave instructions to Tanjiro, then hit him

"WRONG!"

You panicked at the scene, while Tanjiro got hit 4 more times.

You shook slightly in your spot as Urokodaki approached you.

"Take a fighting stance"

Anxiously, you took the stance that you thought was best.

*chop*

"WRONG!"

You winced and fell over, and scrambled back into a position - then you got hit again

'this is gonna be a long day'

After finally getting approval in one of the stances, you were hit over and over again anyways.

"You must learn to get up from any position! "

You got hit another time, right after Tanjiro and you doubled down in pain.

'is he trying to kill us?! i feel like i just snapped like a glowstick! '

Urokodaki yelled at you and you quick stood up and took position again.

You charged at him and he hit you down again, obviously.

'just kill me already, my athletic ability was not made for this world' you internally cried.

You watched limply as Tanjiro ran at him and got thrown with a groan.

'i know man, i know. This sucks, but no backing out now'

You took a deep breathe, and ran at Urokodaki - he looked slightly surprised, and when he threw you, you finally landed on your feet instead of your butt.

You gasped in shock

"I- I LANDED ON MY FEET!"

Tanjiro gave his signature smile, although it was a weak one.

"If I can do it, you can definitely do it, I believe in youuuu! "

Tanjiro got up again and attempted again, and failed two more times before finalky getting a wobbly landing, but a proper landing nonetheless.

You grabbed his hands and excitedly congratulated him.

He blushed at your actions, and congratulated you too.

You were both thrown for a bit more, until Urokodaki deemed you both able to move on to the next step.

You sighed and prepared yourself for major physical strain.

"We do can this, yeah? " Raising your hand to Tanjiro's shoulder, giving a slight squeeze

"Yeah, we can"

You playfully and lightly pushed his shoulder with a stupid grin

☁︎

You walked into the house, behind the two males, and you sat down.

You were both given food that Urokodaki worked on while you two exercised.

You gave thanks, then ate the delicious food given to you.

Urokodaki gave light praise to you two, then went off to do his own thing.

'I miss Okaa-san, I'm gonna write to her after this'

You pit your dish up and said good night to Tanjiro and went into your room, and grabbed ink and paper.

You sat down and started writing down your letter.

-Dear Okaa-san,

How are you? I really miss you, my training has started today. It's really difficult, but I believe we can do it. Tanjiro is really determined and it really motivates me too. I don't know if I could do it without him, he's truly a kind soul, he doesn't deserve what happened to him, but maybe some things happen for a reason. Anyways, I just wanted to check on you, how's the town? what about your cooking? have you learned new recipes? When I come to see you, will you teach me them? I hope so, I have to finish up this letter now, but I love you!

    Sincerely, Y/n.

You paid sure the ink was dried before you folded the paper and went into the hallway.

You stood in front of Urokodaki's door, and you raised your hand to knock, but the door opened before you could.

"Uh, do you have a bird that can deliver this? I lived on the outskirts of the town in Mt. Kumotori"

He nodded and took your letter and a bird flew in through a window.

He tied the letter onto the bird's leg and told him where to go and the bird flew off

"Thank you!"

Then you ran off into your own room once again.

You cleaned up the paper and ink, and set them back into them in their proper places.

After cleaning up, you sat back down at the desk area.

You thought about bothering Tanjiro, but you thought he might be asleep.

Standing back up, you searched through a pile and found it.

Your phone

It was slightly battered, but still in good condition.

You read the time that was displayed on the screen

11:24pm

'oh,  I didn't know it was so late already, now I feel bad that I bothered Urokodaki. Oh well'  You slightly shrugged

Hiding the phone again, you walked over to a neat pile of clothing and searched through a small selection of clothes you had, you found a comfortable sleeping outfit.

Changing into the outfit, you laid the dirty clothed into a separate pile that you would clean later.

You laid down into your futon and did a small stretch then you snuggled into the cover and fell asleep, getting any few hours you could for tomorrow.

☁︎
922 words