Chapter Nine

"Sundrop?"

Both Sun and Gregory snapped their heads towards the voice. Sun immediately filled with joy while Gregory only filled up with worry and fear. 

"CHHHIIIIIIICCCCCCAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" 
Sun ran towards Chica and gave her a big hug. She laughed and hugged him back. A few seconds passed before they let each other go. "Are you okay?" Sun asked her.
She gave a small nod before rubbing her head with her hand. "I feel kind of weird. I don't remember much. Wait - how did I get here" 
Sun tilted his head. "You walked in here? I saw you. Are you sure you don't remember anything?"

Chica glanced to the side, thinking. Then her eyes widened in shock. Sun felt worry crawl back into his body. "What is it, Chica?" 
She looked back at him. "I remember."
Sun gave her a look, hinting for her to go on. Hinting that he was listening, ready to understand. 

She exhaled and went on. "I still can't completely remember everything. But the last thing I remember is being tackled to the ground. I got knocked unconscious, I think. I woke up in Parts and Service and couldn't move. But then... I saw Officer Vanessa."

Sun furrowed his eyebrows in concern. His fellow friend went on. "I think... she inserted something into my earring."
She paused and touched her earring. The same one with the button. Sun widened his eyes. "Then everything went black," she finished. "And I woke up here."

The puzzle pieces in Sun's mind clicked together, causing the light bulb in it to flicker on. "The button! Vanessa! Gregory!"
Chica tilted her head and smiled. "Sundrop, I did not understand anything you just said."
Sun waved his hands awkwardly like he was trying to figure out how to correctly put his thoughts into words. Suddenly he smiled. Maybe he got it. 

"Okay, so, I have a theory," He finally said.
Chica straightened her posture and folded her hands together. "I'm listening." 
Sun acknowledged her with a nod and began explaining. "Okay, so, what I think is that Vanessa is trying to get Gregory. I have no idea why, but-"
"Wait, who's Gregory?" Chica raised an eyebrow.
"Uhm-" Sun glanced at Gregory, who was hiding again.

Gregory shook his head. Sun snapped his attention back to Chica. "I'll explain later. Okay anyway... I think she made you turn... I don't know, evil? Not you? The opposite of you? In an attempt to catch Gregory. I don't think you're the only one. But this all has to be part of some bigger plan."

Sun paused and thought for a moment. Chica's eyes were wide. "Even Roxanne? Is she okay?"
Sun looked at her again and quickly nodded. Maybe a bit too fast. "I'm sure she's fine!"
"No, we have to save them too," Chica declared as she stood up.
"What!? Chica! We need a plan!" Sun protested, standing up as well.

Gregory took a step back when he saw even a little flicker of anger in Chica's eyes. But his foot hit something metal, causing a loud sound to ring into the tense air. He quickly got down. But it was too late. Chica was looking. Sun too. Ugh, this was a disaster. He was gonna die. He's gonna die. In a pizzaplex. A sort-of-fun way to die, but no thank you. Not yet.

"What was that?" Chica asked Sun.
"The thing I was gonna explain to you," Sun responded as he walked over to Gregory.
Gregory gave him a nervous smile. "Fancy meeting you here?"
Sun smiled back and picked him up. "No- Sun- put me down! I don't wanna die!"
Psh. Dramatic child much? Moon scoffed. 

Sun was glad that Gregory couldn't hear him. That definitely would have started a fight. Sun set Gregory down, between him and Chica. She looked down at him and gasped. "A child!" 
Gregory narrowed his eyes suspiciously at her and hid behind Sun. Chica seemed to take that personally. She gave Sun a concerned look. 

"This is Gregory. Chica, meet Gregory. Gregory, meet Chica," Sun introduced them with a smile.
Gregory furrowed his eyebrows. "Oh, I know Chica alright." 
Chica blinked. "Are you okay, Gregory?"
Gregory noticed that her voice seemed softer and more understanding than before. But he wouldn't be fooled. Not again. He ignored her and looked away. 

"Okay so, funny story Chica. You tried to kill Gregory," Sun tried to put that as nicely as possible.
Chica placed her hands over her beak. "You're lying. Kill? No way! He's just a kid! You know I believe in-"
"All lives matter, I know. Me too," Sun agreed. "But I think the chip has something to do with it."

Chica kneeled down. "I am so sorry, Gregory. I'll make it up to you, I promise."
She gave him a sympathetic smile. It... sort of warmed Gregory's heart. She seemed kind of like a mother. I mean, she did give off that vibe. Maybe Gregory would be alright. Nevertheless, there's only one way to find out. 

Survive.