Their Successful Pregnancy

Auggie: 28-29
Emryn: 32-33

This chapter spans across their entire pregnancy, which both of their birthdays occur in, so that's why their ages change :)

March 15 2043

"Y-You're g-g-gonna h-have to look a-at it a-a-at some point,"Auggie points out, laying down next to Emryn on the floor of the bathroom who has been procrastinating for the past twenty minutes.

"See, that's where you're wrong, I could go my whole life without looking at the stupid test,"Emryn explains peacefully with her hands interlocked and placed on top of her stomach, her eyes closed as she curses herself for not bringing a pillow in with her to rest her hand on since the tile is definitely not very comfortable.

"You j-j-just wanna w-w-wait for your b-b-bump to g-g-grow?"Auggie snickers, resting his shoulder against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest, leaning his temple against the wall as he looks at Emryn's body that's still splayed against the tile floor.

"Yeah,"Emryn agrees simply, nodding her head and shrugging her shoulder's nonchalantly, knowing that her casual nature of not wanting to take the test will drive him crazy. "I'll just wait till I get a big ol' belly." She holds her interlocked hands out to motion her stomach growing before she collapses them back onto her stomach. "Then we'll know. Or it'll be a tumor and then" she brings her hand up to motion her slicing at her neck, "bye bye Emmy."

"'Kay n-no,"Auggie quickly cuts Emryn off, rolling his eyes at Emryn as he bangs the side of his head against the wall, "let's n-n-not put t-t-that out into t-t-the world." He cracks a little smile at Emryn's proud giggles that are escaping her lip as she congratulates herself for how uncomfortable she's making him. She loves teasing him, it's one of her favorite things, and he's always a good sport about it. "Anyways, y-y-you're gonna h-h-have to l-look at some p-p-point, b-b-baby."

"Why can't we wait to see if I miss my period?"Emryn asks with a sigh, turning her head against the tile so she can look at Auggie who's still leaning against the wall. "I haven't even missed my period yet, and knowing our sh*tty luck we'll take this and it will be negative and then I'll get my period tomorrow and it will just be twisting the knife."

"S-S-Stinker, you've b-been nauseous all m-m-morning,"Auggie tries to press, looking at Emryn with a joke exhausted look.

"Yeah, I also haven't eaten anything, so it could be that,"Emryn points out, raising her eyebrows at Auggie.

"Or you c-c-could b-b-be pregnant,"Auggie fights back, raising one of his blonde eyebrows at Emryn.

"Or I could be sick,"Emryn fights, puckering her lips teasingly at Auggie as he breaks yet again and snickers.

"M-Morning s-s-sick,"Auggie corrects, watching as the two words gain him another eye roll from Emmy.

"I didn't even get that sick with Kaden, so why would I be sick now?"Emryn sighs, rubbing her palms down her face as she feels a dread begin to fill her stomach as she realizes that Auggie's not going to let this go. "I don't want to look at it, Augs."

"T-T-This is a n-n-new pregnancy s-so there will be d-d-different s-s-symptoms,"Auggie responds, banging his head against the wall gently again to try and make this conversation less painful, to change the pain some might say. He knows she's terrified to take a test, and he is too, but he also knows that they can't procrastinate this any longer.

"August, we've been getting negative test after negative test for that past four months,"Emryn whispers, her voice becoming ridden with tears as she blows a raspberry with her lips to try and calm down. She wipes at the tears under her eyes that have begun to fall and exhales deeply before continuing on. "We've had four straight negative tests."