Chapter 25 : Salazar Slytherin's letter and heir of Darkness!!

~EDITED~

Chapter 25

Harry had seen this crest when his Grandfather was teaching his History of magic and various Families and while telling about this Family which had this crest he could see his Grandfather go pale his Grandfather had explained that this Family was the Darkest of Dark but they never misused their power they were known as Dark but from their family not even a single Dark Lord had emerged instead they were the founders and rulers of Azkaban and they were the only family who could rival Potter family but they instead choose to be allies of Potter family. This family used their power in the development of Magical Britain but this Family had gone extinct before 1200 years it was EVENING SHADE Family crest yes he remembered it clearly people even today shivered to take the name of this family.

Harry wondered why the Evening Shade family rings were kept in Salazar Slytherin's study. He could only find the answer for this Mystery after reading the Letter which was kept there. Harry Picked up the letter which could solve the Mystery of the Rings which he was holding.

Harry started to read the letter.

Dear descendant,

I am Salazar Slytherin, the last member alive of this once noble family. I am about to go confront my adopted son, but before I do, I want to ensure that my true descendants would be able to access this place and know of their ancestors. If you're reading this, then Amarantha must have told you about this place. She assured me that she would tell her descendants one day about me hiding the Evening shade Ring here in my chamber at Hogwarts. I hope the time is right for you to reclaim what is your right by birth.

I was orphaned when I was ten years old. My family were murdered by a bunch of muggles. I was devastated, but I had to take care of myself. I didn't trust anyone to take care of me because there were many who were jealous of my family's wealth and would have done everything possible to steal it from me. So I raised myself to be cunning and grew up in the shadows, and learnt about the most obscure forms of magic that interested me. I went abroad when I was old enough and learnt from various tribes who taught me more obscure rituals and magic. I have always had ambitions, and I wanted to achieve something great. That's when my life took an unexpected turn.

When I finally met Godric Gryffindor, he was in bad shape. The man too had lost his family to those filthy muggle barbarians and was doing his best to take care of his young daughter. We bonded over that and learnt magic from each other. Through Godric, I met Rowena Ravenclaw and Helga Hufflepuff, two very gifted witches. Together, we created this school – Hogwarts.

I didn't marry anyone at that time, but I wanted a child of my own, so I adopted a young boy who surprisingly did speak parseltongue I guess his parents were from India where more number of parseltongue are found as in Britain only my family had the gift of parseltongue. I gave him my name – Salazar Slytherin. Oh, how I wish I knew that I was raising a boy who would be the cause of so much pain. I am so glad that I did not blood adopt him. If he had access to the Slytherin family magic, he would be more powerful than he is now. I only hope I can reason with him. He grew up very arrogant and had an intense dislike for Godric and saw the rest of the students as beneath him. I had warned him against doing so, but he didn't listen. When he was eighteen, he attacked a bunch of students, intending to molest them, and that's when I threw him out of the castle. We consider women to be sacred; the ones who are blessed by Old Magic to be able to create life. The fact that he could even think of something so atrocious still makes my blood boil.

Several years later, there was a young muggle born student. Her name was Evangline Noma, and after she finished her studies, she apprenticed under me. Though she was thirty years younger than me, I couldn't help but fall in love with her as we had several things in common, including the fact that we both were orphans. She too loved me, but she said that society wouldn't accept our relationship, given our great age difference, not to mention the fact that I was her mentor. If such a relationship was known to the magical public, they would stop sending their children to Hogwarts, fearing for their safety. So we got married in secret and pretty soon, she found herself pregnant.