3. Chapter 2

Andrea's p.o.v

I gripped Wanda's hand tightly, pulling her away. Not before turning to Nat, "stay safe," I mouthed and she nodded her head before rushing into the burning building to help out anyone she could.

I dragged Wanda through the streets, avoiding people's phones that were filming us leaving the scene. Eventually, I got us to the quinjet and I sat her down on the chair, kneeling in front of her.

Her hands were shaking and she had a lost look in her eyes. "This wasn't your fault," I told her, hoping something in her would believe me, but it appeared that nothing I said would make her believe me. This didn't stop me from trying though.

"Think about it, Wanda. That building, it was practically empty. The people on the ground, if that bomb had gone off down there, hundreds would have died," I tried, watching as her eyes slowly looked at mine, a pained look in them.

"I heard their screams. I felt them die. Andy, I'm a monster," she told me, a tear escaping her eye. "No, no you're not a monster, you saved us all," I assured her but she shook her head quickly.

"I lost control, I couldn't control it. And now people are dead because of me," she told me. "Wanda-" but before I could get my response out, the others walked in with pained expressions and soot all over them.

Nat flew us home, and when we arrived at the compound I attempted to talk to Wanda but she left before I could get a word out. I turned to see Nat sigh before grasping my hand in hers and pulling us to our room.

It didn't take us long to find ourselves undressed in the shower, washing each other off from the events of the day. It wasn't sexual in any way, it was calm and something we both needed.

"It's the first time she's made a mistake, she won't forget it but with your help she can learn from it," Nat assured me as she massaged shampoo into my hair. "I wish I could take her pain away, she doesn't deserve to have this on her conscience," I told her, humming as the redheads' magic fingers worked on my scalp.

"She's your sister, of course you're gonna feel that way," Nat mumbled before leading me to the shower head so she could rinse. "She was there for me throughout the whole time I was blind. She was learning new things just so she could teach me them. Coming up with new ways for me to work around things. And she would use her powers to help me almost dream things. I just- she's good, pure. I'm scared that she's going through so much she might break," I confessed, sighing when my hair was rinsed before turning around and starting the same process on my girlfriend.

"She's a strong woman. Sometimes all you can do is be there for her. The missions over now, so we should have time to figure things out," Nat said, making me nod in acknowledgement. A short silence pursued, the sound of the water hitting the floor was all that could be heard.

"How did therapy go yesterday?" I questioned, wanting to change the topic. I would have asked her this yesterday, however I was busy being briefed on the mission and then training and Nat was doing similar things, we didn't get a chance to talk. We knew we needed an early night so we just went straight to sleep.

By this time, I had rinsed Nats hair, and she turned around, lacing her hand with mine. "It went well. We've worked through a lot, especially over my time in the Redroom. And we both agree that I'm ready for you to join a session, so I can explain what happened," she told me.

"We don't have to do that, I know why you did what you did," I shrugged, the memory of her kissing Bruce still heavy in my heart. "I can't let you do that. Just pretend you're over it, because you're not. You and I both know that. But we're working through this and I think we're stronger than ever," she explained.