Chapter 9: "We will be knows as legends!"

Friday arrived, and today's is Welcoming Back Rally. There's supposed to be cheerleaders dance-off with the modern dance, and I'd love to see my girlfriend sway her ass. I don't know why they're quarrelling, but they're just dancing, in my opinion. Nothing's different between the two. And if I say that out loud in front of them, it'd be my second controversy. The first one was my girlfriend turns to be a whore- that's what they said.

Before the Freshman, the sophomore and the Juniors arrived at the football fields. The seniors now took over the bleachers with one person holding the megaphone. It's the football team's captain, and to make it worse, It's Cain. Yes, that face-sucking dick head who has sucked my girlfriend's face. I forgot how Cain could affect the whole class with his nonsense speeches and mostly just screaming, "Let's do this!" or "Let's end them!". It's a tradition in our class because we've won the Welcoming Back Rally for three years in a row, and we're going to make it our fourth win.

"Uhum, can I have your attention now?" Cain cleared his throat over his megaphone to get our attention. As soon as I looked at Cain standing on the railing of the bleachers, I saw Lydia standing next to him.

"What is she doing over there?" Jessie nudged me while she took a photo of Cain.

Lydia struggled to get up on the railing, but with Cain's help, she successfully stood up next to him by grabbing her by her waist. I flexed my jaw and clenched my fist. I'm trying not to get negative thoughts getting over me. Let's be positive from now on. Maybe Lydia's helped Cain with the speeches since he's terrible at it.

"Is she looking at them right now?" a voice echoed in my head, but I ignored it. Two seconds later, the voice echoed back, "gosh, she is. I tried to stop Lydia, but she's too persistent."

Thanks for the concern, Joy, but I can bear this.

"Alright, guys, I know you have heard this since sophomore year. But I'm going to improve a bit in my speeches," Cain said as he took sticky notes from his pocket, "we have beaten first- and second-year students and upper-level students from years to years. We've matched the school's record of three wins every year and one more win we've finally taken over the school record and mark my words-"

Here we go, the climax.

"We will be known as legends!" Cain pumped his fist up in the air, and his friends cheered, "Let's do this and end them!"

That's new. Cain combined the two sentences I mentioned earlier and acted like he did something.

Today's schedule is Rap Battle, Sack Race, and Water Dodgeball. Luckily your girl is the champion of water dodge ball. The whole class called Jessie and I the 'slick-duo.' I mean, I wouldn't be good without the help of Jessie.

Moments later, the other classes walked around the fields to sit on the bleachers or circle around the area.

I can easily spot who is whom by the colours of their shirt. The freshies wear a green shirt, the sophomore wears a yellow shirt, the juniors wear a blue shirt, and the seniors wear a redshirt. We consider why seniors wear red shirts because we can sometimes be vicious. We don't show remorse because... we're seniors.

The first hour of the game is welcoming from the student's body and the principal. While they're boringly speaking, Jessie suggested something, "I think we should go down for a good angle."

"Nah, dude. Don't drag me into this," I said to Jessie. The fields are always chaos when the game starts, and I'm not in the mood for it.

"What? are you still upset about Lydia next to Cain or what?" Jessie puts her hands on her hips, "Please, I need to get a good angle."