Summer 1997 // Chapter 22

*This Chapter will contain one letter from each of the following characters: Neville, Seamus, and Dean, and THREE letters from Lorrinda*

Dear Lori,

Hope your summer holiday is going well. I heard through Dean that Bill and Fleur are getting married on July 31st! That is fantastic! I hope you are able to send some photos from the event, as I would love to get groomsmaid ideas for my future wedding!

Can't wait to see you on the train, Lori. I have missed your company. 

Seamus

~***~

Dear Lori,

Greetings!

Congratulations on gaining a sister-in-law at the end of July! Weddings are so much fun to attend (being a Muggleborn I have attended more than I could ever try to count), and well, I just know that the joy that a wedding brings is exactly what your family needs right now. Now, onto the sad part of this letter. I suppose you've heard about the Muggleborn registration act that is going to come into play shortly before the term begins. Well, this threat is too great to ignore, and well ... my mother doesn't know this but, I am going to run off into hiding with Ted Tonks. 

I know, I know. It's foolish to run off when it hasn't even been confirmed but I do not want to take any chances. Besides, I trust Ted with my life and I think we've sent letters back and forth enough times that he trusts his life with me! Anyway, I wish you all the joy and love to come from the wedding and I hope you and Neville don't wait too long after Hogwarts to tie the knot. 

(I don't want to lose my bet with Seamus)

Lots of love, from your favorite Muggleborn!

Dean

~***~

Dear Lori,

I cannot wait to see you on my birthday! Which is three days away from now, by the way. Also, I cannot be more elated than to be your "date" to Bill and Fleur's wedding. Lorrinda, you are the love of my life and I do not think I tell that to you enough.

Sending you lots of love!

Neville

~***~

Dear Sha-Boom,

Seamus ... I won't be coming back to Hogwarts. I cannot tell you any reason why or give you any hopes that I will return unharmed, but just know I will always cherish our friendship that we have had and will never forget you. I hope to see you again, Sha-Boom. I still owe you seven galleons for ruining your potions book.

Miss you, 

Lorrinda

~***~ 

Dear Brownie-Batter,

Brownie-Batter, I do not think it is foolish at all! Dad just had to leave his job at the Ministry, for the fear of certain acts and laws getting passed is getting stronger and stronger by the day. Not to mention, we are positive You-Know-Who has people working from the inside out to overthrow the Ministry. 

Brownie-Batter, I won't be returning to Hogwarts either. I cannot explain why in case this letter falls into the wrong hands (that's why I am using our nicknames). I do want you to know that I have great hopes of seeing you again one day, but in case that never happens. Just know, that I will always love the friendship we have. 

Stay safe! 

GingerSnap

~***~

Dear Nevy,

I cannot wait to see you as well! You will be officially seventeen which means we could sneak off into the woods outside the Burrow and fool around out there for a little bit if you wanted or we could just curl up by the fire in the den and just relax. 

Love you even more!

Lori!

~*Authors Note*~

Thank you to all who have been reading this story so far! I cannot even fathom how much I have enjoyed writing this book for you all to enjoy. I just ... words can't express how grateful I am to have all of you reading this and enjoying the same world I have for years. 

Now that being said, this year ... this next chunk of the book will probably make you cry, FREQUENTLY! (trust me, I'm crying writing half of these chapters right now lol) So please make sure that if I put a Trigger Warning in front of a chapter so please head it if those things bother you. I am trying my best to remain thoughtful of potential triggers but some things (like death, excessive blood, other things) cannot be avoided when going to a literal war. 

Please do not be a silent reader! I absolutely adore reading your comments and well, I love how some comment sections spawn friendships and more. So please comment whatever you are feeling or thinking while reading, even it if is the dumbest thing in the whole world, I could not give a single dang. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy what is to come!

(This year is going to be a long emotional journey, so have those tissues ready!)