Part 22

"ZOELLA!"

Three bodies hugged Zoella so tightly that she was almost out of breath. Those three people of course were her friends. Zoella wriggled her body trying to escape.

Noticing her movements her friends finally let go of their hug.

Zoella turned around to see her friends who were smiling brightly.

"Welcome back."

They hugged Zoella again but this time they did it gentler.

Lilian and Margaret hold Zoella's hands while walking side by side to the Academy. And Warren walked behind them.

Zoella's eyes swept all over the place trying to find her teacher. She wanted to give him the list that she made last night.

"Are you looking for Sir Castor, Zoella?"

Since Warren was right behind her of course, he noticed her head movements.

"Yeah, I need to buy something. Just where on earth is he?"

Zoella answered with her eyes still looking for her teacher's figure.

"There!"

Margaret pointed at a grey-haired man in the teacher's uniform who was talking to another teacher. That was indeed Hayes Castor.

Zoella wanted to tell her friends to go ahead without her but Lilian and Margaret were faster.

"We'll wait here."

"Hurry now, Zoella."

Zoella sighed and nodded her head. She couldn't win against them. She approached Hayes and another man slowly.

She could see that her teacher's expression looked serious. He frowned every so often during the conversation. That made Zoella a bit hesitant to interrupt them.

Zoella intended to give the list later but Hayes saw her.

He sent the man away and waved at Zoella as a sign to approach him.

"I'm not interrupting something important, am I?"

"No, you actually save me from his nonsense. So, did you make the list?"

"I did."

Zoella rummaged through her bag to find the paper and gave it to Hayes. He took a quick scan of the paper and nodded his head.

"There's no problem with the list but why the white mice?"

Hayes tilted his head as he asked a question.

"Well, I need an object to test the product. And there's no way I would test it directly on humans, right?"

"Alright. I'll tell you when I get them all. Your friends are waiting."

"Thank you, teacher."

Zoella nodded and ran off to her friends. Once the four of them were out of Hayes's sight his smile disappeared.

"Tch, that damn old man doesn't know how to give up."

The man who was conversed with him earlier was sent by the Prime Minister of Magic. Ever since Hayes rejected the offer of becoming a Vice Minister, he often sent a man to Hayes with the same offer.

The Prime Minister also asked Edwin Owens in order to convince Hayes but it was futile.

Even Edwin's words couldn't make Hayes accept the offer.

That was why he persistently sent his man to him. At first, Hayes declined them politely. But when he realized that the old man didn't want to give up, he began to reject them harshly or even ignore them.