Chapter 61

"Tai, why isn't jijashree here yet, today is the naming ceremony?" Lakshmana asked concerned as she and Vedangi sat in her chamber, choosing ornaments. Vedangi rolled her eyes, "How many times have I told you, not to ask the question? If you are so concerned, go ask him only!" Vedangi banged her hands on a nearby couch. Lakshmana looked at her amused, she had never seen her sister in such rage. "What is this Meenu? Guests have started arriving and you sitting her gossiping. If you don't have any work, come to me I would give you , okay!" Vrushali glared at Vedangi. The later lowered her gaze to control tears and hurried out of the chamber.

"Everyone just finds me to trouble" she muttered under her breath, loud enough that Vrushali could hear. What's wrong with this girl. Vrushali thought and went back to her work. Vedangi stormed in the royal kitchen and supervised the dinner preperations. "Meenu! Jamai ji has came, we all are waiting for you at the palace gates" Durva announced smiling. "I am busy right now can't come to meet him, you go" Vedangi replied coldly. But after a lot of insistence and a small scolding from Durva, Vedangi agreed.

They both reached near the palace gates, where Vrushali, karna, Supriya and Suyodhan were waiting for her arrival to welcome Shvet. But peeping through a window, Vedangi saw a female figure standing besides Shvet holding his hand for support. Vedangi wondered who was the female, holding her husband's hand! Already agitated by Vrushali's scoldings, Shvet's late arrival and ignorance her anger burst out. "You go and welcome your beloved Jamai ji, I just don't want to see him!" Vedangi stomped her feet and went back to her chamber, to calm down her anger as she didn't want to ruin her nephew's naming ceremony. But what she failed to notice that the king and eldest prince of Kulinda were also descending from the chariots, Drishti was holding his hand just because she had sprained her leg while climbing down for her palanquin.

"She's taking too long, isn't she? The prince of Kulinda asked impatiently, forcing a smile. "She must be busy in something, it's lost of hustle bustle today na" Suyodhan said. He noticed Karna was continuously glaring at Shvet, the latter was uncomfortable under his gaze. Suyodhan kept his palm on his friend's shoulder, what? He asked raising his eyebrow, Karna just shook his head negative and continued looking at the ground.

Durva came to the main gate with lowered gaze, "She told that she was busy making Sinu and ladla ready, she won't be able to come". The king and Prince rolled their eyes, while Vrushali and Supriya exchanged concerned glances. Shvet tightened his lips and stormed inside the palace, walking directly to Vedangi's chamber. All the family members except karna exchanged worried glances, Karna instead welcomed the king and Prince of Kulinda inside the palace.

Shvet was about to open the door of Vedangi's chamber forcefully, but Aradhika stopped him. "Pranipat Yuvraj, Yuvrani is not here, she is in her mother's chamber, getting ready for the function" she replied worried. He curled his fists in anger and walked towards Supriya's chamber. Fortunately Shankh saw him and went behind him, "Jyeshth, please tell me what happened, maybe I can help you" he said. Shvet just glanced at him and continued walking, he asked the guards standing outside to inform Vedangi that he wants to meet her.

"Inform him I am busy, it's my nephew's naming ceremony after all" Vedangi, who was standing near the door itself replied her voice laced with attitude, though she longed to meet him. "It's really important, I won't take much time" Shvet said, "You want to tell me how your trip to Kulinda went, while I was lying unconscious and high with fever in my chamber? " She said shrugging her shoulders, facing her back towards him. "Well, this is Anga and not Matsya and I really don't want my family to know about these quarrels between us. You may leave" she said and walked inside where all women were getting ready.

Shvet stood outside the chamber, he banged his fist on a nearby wall and few droplets on blood appeared on his knuckle. Shankh took his palm in his hand immediately, "Jyeshth, please we shouldn't create a scene like this here in Anga, come with me" he pulled Shvet along with him to the guest chambers.
************************************
The palace of Anga was overflowing with happiness. It seemed like a bee hive as kings from neighbouring kingdoms had also gathered to attend the naming ceremony of the young Prince. The royal women were decked in best silks and ornaments, their beautiful smile adding to their beauty. Everyone who had gathered in the hall, turned their attention towards the door and Snigdha along with Maitreyi and Vedangi entered, carrying the little baby in her arms.

Vedangi's eyes were searching for Shvet amidst the crowd but as soon his eyes met hers, she turned her gaze to another direction. She noticed Shankh was standing besides lakshmana and they were talking about something, through whispers. "You are looking pretty" Shankh complimented lakshmana, she smiled at him innocently, making him stare at her a bit longer. "Well, I have something to ask you" he said scratching the back of his neck. "Go ahead" she replied, searching for Vedangi.

"Well..you like to spend time with bhabhi very much, isn't it?" He asked, his heart beating loudly. "She is my sister, why won't I?" She shrugged. Shankh his throat went dry, "Huh, would.... Means...you like to stay with her...... being her dev" before he could complete his sentence, lakshmana sprinted towards Vedangi as the naming ceremony was about to began. Shankh looked at her disappointed, would you like to be my bhabhi's devrani, he mumbled and sighed.
************************************
"Now the bua of the child should whisper the name she had decided" the Raj Purohit said. Vedangi came on the raised dias, smiling, Shvet's gaze was fixed on her, she looks so happy while being at her natal home, he said and controlled the urge to wink at her as their gazes met. "You name is Aditya" she whispered in the baby's ears, whispers ran through the hall as everyone was curious to hear the name. "I think the name would be something related to Surya dev" Shvet whispered in Uttar's ears and his guess came true when the name was announced in the hall.

Again Vedangi's gaze turned towards him, this time he winked, turning her cheeks in light shade of crimson, though she was angry on him. On the other side of the hall, Shankh held lakshmana's hand and took her to the palace garden. "What's so urgent that you took brought me here while the celebrations are going on inside?" She asked her eyebrows knotted. Shankh gathered courage and held her hands gently into his. "I wanted to tell you this from long ago, but today I have gathered all the courage I had and I want to tell you that" he paused for a second to gauze her expressions.

"I love you lakshmana, I really love you, from the day we met. Would you be my sangini, my wife? " he confessed his hands trembling. His filled with hope fixed on her, while her eyes wide with amusement and surprise on his. She parted her lips in shock, pausing for a second, she lowered her gaze and fixed it on him again. Mustering courage, she nodded her head negatively, "No, I...love someone else" she said. Shankh looked at her with wide eyes, he let of her hands he had held and moved a couple of steps behind, trying to digest what she replied.
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers the next part is here.
This was just a small shock, many more shocks are waiting for you all.
Hope you liked reading this part, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me ✨.