Chapter 18

☆☆☆☆☆
She Told Someone
☆☆☆☆☆

"You bitch! You didn't tell me you were coming over!" I angrily yelled, Storming out of my room while holding Doggy.

"Meow!" Doggy meowed in my hold and Playfully patted my fuming face with his small precious paws.

I looked down at him, Calming down a bit as he meowed again. I smiled and scratched the back of his ear as he purred affectionately.

"Because I wanted to surprise you~" My brother teased from the other side of the small Hallway, A cheeky smile plastered his face as he chuckled.

I glared and walked towards him, "The surprise I got this morning was Doggy's soft fat ass rubbing against my face" I complained while holding out Doggy for him to take.

He grabbed Doggy from my arms as he narrowed his eyes at me, "I told you not to Call Tab that, He's a CAT! people might get confused as to why you called a CAT 'Doggy'"

"'Tab' a very unoriginal name considering he's a Tabby Cat," I remarked back, Placing my hands on my hips as I continued to glare at him.

"Like 'Doggy's' any better"

"In a psychological sense, it IS"

He scoffed at me before turning away, "Anyway, I made you breakfast"

I sarcastically laughed and said, "I hope I won't be poisoned like last time"

He gasped and said, "Oh you did that to yourself, who taught me how to cook again?"

I rolled my eyes at him and smiled, "That hurt my pride more than it hurt yours"

"Exactly, Now Sit your ass down and tell me all about the Job I have forced upon you," He said as he gestured towards the head seat of my table with Jazz hands, I smiled at this and sat down as he pushed it towards me.

At the table, There sat a surprisingly well-cooked egg and a few slightly burnt hotdogs with ketchup on a side plate. White rice was in the middle of it all as it produced zero issues as expected, Perfect rice.

"You like it?" He asked, He was sitting beside me with such hopeful eyes. It made my heart melt for a second and said, "This looks great, Minus the slightly burnt hotdogs I'd give it an 8 out of 10"

He cheered and place a glass of orange juice in front of me to drink. I sighed and said, "I'd prefer water thank you"

he scoffed and said, "I've seen all the ORANGE FLAVORED Fizzy Faz you've been stocking up in the Fridge is"

"Are you implying something?" I asked as I took a bite of my egg, Humming slightly seemingly impressed at the taste.

This is good-

"I didn't think I'd find the Day you'll Move on from being a Bonnie Fan"

I immediately choked on the egg. Grabbing the orange juice from the table, I tried to drown it down along with the urge to cough.

Placing the half-empty glass on the table, I glared at him as he gave me a suspicious stare while crossing his arms.

"Listen, No one is going to replace Bonnie in my heart in more ways than one. I understand that he's no longer at service but that doesn't mean he's no longer my favorite-"

He suddenly shoved a piece of a hotdog in my mouth as he waved everything off, "Yeah Yeah, I'm not gonna a start a debate with you knowing that I'd lose"

I chuckled at what he said and munched on the food, gulping it down and said "Fact"

He nodded at what I had said before adding, "you always have a way with words, bending and breaking them to express things that seem so hidden and deep."

I continued to munch on the food and nodded at what he had said, he is right

Picking up my plate, I stood up and headed towards the sink to wash it until what was once on my hands was taken away by my Brother.

"Oh no no no~, You do the talking and I'll do the washing. You need to talk to me about it!" He stated as he pushed me away slightly to carefully place the dishes in the sink and began to wash them.

I crossed my arms at this and raised a brow at him, I asked "Which one of us is the oldest again?"

"Which one of us is the Tallest again?"

"You're like-Hunching so badly right now, I feel like you're breaking your back"

He scoffed at what I said and mumbled, "I'm not THAT tall"

"Yeah You're right, You're short" I sassed back, Placing my hands in my hips as I sent him a smirk.

He eyed me for a second before shrugging it off, "I have a weird sister.." He mumbled as I laughed at that.

"You've got to accept that! You're stuck with me fOrEVeR" I said as I bumped my hips with him before sitting down on the Island.

"Yeah Yeah, now tell me about that Job I forced upon you. Stop changing the subject!"

"Fine fine, alright..." I started, tapping the counter with my fingers as I hummed in thought.

"I find the place really weird and somewhat safer than what I'm used to..."

"Duh it's a Fun Center, What did you expect? A War Zone?"

I snickered and said "Maybe, maybe not. It feels so weird to think that no one's going to suddenly jump at you to kill you for once"

He laughed at what I had said and smiled, "That's one of the reasons as to why I wanted you to take that Job, You need to take a break for once."

He places the last dish on the dryer and faced me with a bitter smile, "I saw that You were burnt out and refused to accept it, Going from one case to another. I wanted you to take a breather, Experience something Mundane"

"Maybe even find Love"

I was shaking, Holding onto something I refuse to express in front of my brother.

"Mark..." I started.

"Sis it's ok to cry"

"No...I-pff HAHAHA" I immediately exploded.

I could feel tears running down my cheeks as the pain in my stomach increased.

Gripping the counter slightly to keep myself from falling off only to prove that it was useless when my ass met the cold floor, I was still laughing though.

My brother looked at me in disappointment at my pathetic figure on the floor, who was in tears of something he could not understand.

I calmed down a bit from my hysterical laughter as I wiped a stray tear from my eye, still on the floor.

He waited a few seconds for me to pull it together and asked, "What was funny?"

I snorted and coughed to prevent myself from laughing again and said, "you said something so cheesy and it doesn't make me think that it's you, I mean like you would never say that"

He thought for a bit, trying to recall his words, and said, "Find Love?"

I snorted again before chuckling, "Yeah-"

"Sis, This isn't a joke." He said sternly, Grabbing me by my shoulders as he stared into my eyes in seriousness.

"You can't spend the rest of your life protecting everyone, keeping all your feelings to yourself. Have you told anyone else about this?"

I stood silently in front of him, Contemplating if I should give him a direct answer.

Or preserve it for another time.

"Have you?"

"Yes I did"