48

48. A Relaxing Little Game

After they were back at the florist, things had not yet come to an end.

Chen Ming tweezered the poisonous insect out of the glass bottle and pinned it on the wood board. The insect had great vitality and it was still alive when its body was punctured, writhing and struggling.

Zhou Nan approached the table, with half of his head behind Chen Ming. Being curious about the insect but trembling with fear, he drew back immediately when the insect moved slightly.

He felt it quite strange that Chen Ming deliberately brought the insect back. When seeing Chen Ming do the experiment with it, he couldn’t help but ask, “Why do you keep it?”

“Take the blood. I’m trying to figure out how to take it.” It was even the first time for Chen Ming to dispose of the insect of witchcraft, let alone taking its blood. Recalling the contents of some related ancient books, he bit the bullet.

Zhou Nan was puzzled, “Take the blood? Why do you take its blood?”

Chen Ming stopped to look straight at Zhou Nan, with his head tilted, and replied in disbelief, “Blood of witchcraft!”

Zhou Nan blinked wonderingly, “Blood of witchcraft? What do you want to do with it?”

Chen Ming was a little freaked out, and the corners of his eyes twitched with anger, “Are you stupid or something? It is used to resurrect a dead soul by borrowing a corpse, bro!”

The expression of Zhou Nan began to change subtly when he suddenly realized Chen Ming’s intention–his eyes full of doubt were slowly widened with great surprise, and his mouth opened slowly. “Shit”.

“Damn, why did I forget this…”

Chen Ming turned back and said, “I thought you wanted the blood for your own sake, but I misunderstood.”

“No way! I was afraid that the driver would die. If it was really for me, I… I wouldn’t dare to try to create Gui Da Qiang…” Zhou Nan’s voice dropped even lower.

Chen Ming chuckled and rubbed his hand on Zhou Nan’s head, “Good man, please treat yourself a little better? Don’t always cringe, or you’ll suffer losses.”

Zhou Nan knew that as he grew up, he had suffered these so-called “losses”. Because of his weakness and good temper, he was bullied in middle school and college, but he never dared to resist.

He suddenly had the illusion that in this period of more than half a month when he followed Chen Ming, he had lived a life entirely different from those two decades before his death. No one would discriminate against him or boss him around. There was only a man who was fond of teasing him every day and a small florist of dozens of square meters.

Ironically, perhaps the life of being a ghost was more carefree than that of being a human being in the past twenty years.

Seeing that Zhou Nan was absent-minded in silence for a long time, Chen Ming asked, “What are you thinking?”

Zhou Nan was like waking from a dream, and he couldn’t tell the truth but hastily prevaricated, “No, hmm… how do you take the blood of the insect of witchcraft?”

“I’m also thinking about it. I don’t think it has much blood. It’s not easy to do…” After Chen Ming thought about it for a while, he had an idea,”Let’s powder both its blood and shell in a mortar.”

Zhou Nan thought it was feasible, “Where is it? I’ll get it.”

“It’s in the second frame on the far left of the cabinet.” Without making any polite remarks, Chen Ming pointed at a group of large wooden cabinets against the wall. When seeing Zhou Nan floating to the right, he hurriedly added aloud, “Left!”

Zhou Nan paused promptly, scratched his head awkwardly and floated in the right direction. When he returned with the mortar, Chen Ming had cut off the insect’s head.

The body without head was still swinging from side to side, which struggled more violently than before. Knowing that this insect couldn’t do anything to change its fate, Chen Ming was quite calm and waiting silently for it to die.

Zhou Nan shrank his neck and hid far away, “Since the driver looks quite sincere and kind, how did he get in trouble with the insect of witchcraft?”

“Few people in the north can make such a creature. This guy probably stirred up trouble when going over the peaks and ridges.” Chen Ming said, “We don’t know, and we’d better not ask. If we ask, we will be stunned by the fact.”

Zhou Nan swallowed, and stretched his arms to hand the mortar when he saw the insect move less, and just twitch occasionally.

Chen Ming picked up the dead insect and put it in the mortar. Then he mashed it with a pestle. The insect’s shell was so hard that it made a sharp and clear sound when being mashed. Under the broken shell was the meat which had turned into black mud. There was some green water beside it which might be called the blood of witchcraft.

Zhou Nan was disgusted at it. Chen Ming suddenly put the mortar in front of him, and the special scene inside it was instantly amplified.

“Hey, do you want to play with it? It’s quite relaxing.” Chen Ming asked sincerely.

Zhou Nan immediately retreated to the entrance of the florist and refused flatly, “Absolutely not!”