20. "The right one in my next life"

Mila's POV

"Wait Lexi, that is actually amazing", I smiled looking up from the file of papers lying in front of me. I had finally been allowed to read Lexi's play, which was honestly amazing.

"Really?", the girl asked looking at me suspiciously. "Yes really, you portrayed all of us literally perfectly", I smiled skipping through some of the pages again.

"I'm just scared I might upset people", Lexi explained scooting down on her seat a little.

"You mean Cassie?"

"Yeah, I mean I wrote some pretty private things"

"Yeah true, well maybe you should leave out the carousel thing, it's a bit much but other than that, I don't really see a problem here. Sometimes you gotta hurt some people's feelings", I explained looking at my soon-to-be sister.

I had finally handed Suze the filled-out adoption papers, to which she basically suffocated me in a hug. Even though this would be a big step, you know, leaving my parents behind me and moving onto another family. But I knew it was the right decision, I'm about to turn 18 anyways, which makes me an adult no matter what.

"Maybe you're right", Lexi sighed looking at her laptop, on which she had the script opened. "Is it okay for you that I mentioned your substance abuse?", the brown-haired girl asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. It's no secret Lex and I honestly don't regret it, I actually feel like you portrayed the cause of the abuse perfectly so I don't just look like a party girl", I smiled.

"Good because I thought so too"

"Hey Lex?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna join me on my trip to the mall?"

"Sure what do we need?", Lexi asked while getting off the seat grabbing her purse immediately. I giggled and grabbed my stuff as well.

"Well since it's my birthday next week, I have to buy some decorations and a cute little outfit", I explained while we opened the front door and left.

Cassie was MIA again which had become a usual thing at this point.

Nothing really changed in the past week, Fez and I were still hanging out about once a week, and Nate and I were still on our break. I actually felt like things could come back to normal in my life even though nothing was sorted out.

Even though Nate had started sending flowers to the house occasionally, we haven't really talked since Maddy's birthday. He just asked me if he can come over when I'm celebrating with the girls to which I just agreed, you never turn down a Jacobs man's present because they were always good.

Within thirty minutes Lexi and I made it to the mall in East highland.

The first stop was finding an outfit for me, I didn't want to just buy another dress again so I decided I wanted to look for a two-piece set.

"What about this one?", Lexi asked holding up a pretty emerald green skirt with a blazer top. "It's cute but a bit too formal, I really want something that's cute and slutty", I laughed.

Lexi and I kept looking around and she actually found a pretty green dress that fitted her perfectly. "I think you should buy it", I smiled as my soon-to-be sister stepped out of the changing room.

"Really, don't you think it's too short?", she asked turning around.

The dress looked perfect on her, it had long sleeves and hugged her body perfectly, it wasn't too tight but not too loose either. The collar was similar to a dress shirt's collar which gave it the whole Lexi vibe.

"Not at all, buy it please", I begged her as she just rolled her eyes and got changed again. "I love your style", I smiled.

"Thank you, I just really like the preppy vibe you know?"

I agreed with Lexi before we walked into another store where I luckily found my birthday outfit. It was a baby blue tight skirt along with a cropped top and a matching see-through baby blue blouse.

"It's so cute oh my god", Lexi gasped as I walked out of the changing room, "Let me take a picture".

Lexi was so cute, even though she was the youngest out of all of us she acted so mature already, which I loved.

"Thanks, I think I'm definitely gonna get it. Can you send me the picture?", I asked before getting changed and walking to the checkout with her.

Lexi send me the picture and I sent it to Fezco and Maddy since they both wanted to see what I was going to buy for my birthday.

Fez to Mila <3 3:12 PM

Damn shorty, I think I fell in love with you

Maddy to Mi<33333 3:13 PM

Bitch that's so pretty if I was a guy you'd be coming home with me

I giggled at their responses before we walked to a decoration store.

"Are you and Fezco like a thing now?", Lexi asked while looking through some of the stuff.

"Not really, I mean we do hang out a lot and we kiss occasionally but really we're just friends if it comes to labels", I explained.

I would have loved to be something with Fez but we both knew it probably wouldn't work out. His world isn't for me and mine isn't for him, we didn't like to talk about this topic because all we wanted to do was live in the moment.

That's what we did, we lived in the moment, without any labels and without any drama. We both knew that at one point we'd stop doing the couple stuff, like kiss but until that point was reached we enjoyed doing those kinds of things.

"It's such a dramatic love story, I swear. If I ever become a writer please let me write a fucking novel about you that is so tragic that the reader never recovers from it", Lexi joked.

I shoved her lightly, shaking my head laughing. "If you ever become an author you can gladly write about my tragic love story", I giggled.

"No, but for real, I feel like you two are handling it like adults and even though it might now work out in the end you both have gained such amazing experiences from it", Lexi smiled and pulled out a few pink and purple balloons form a shelf.

"You're right, maybe we aren't supposed to be with each other but supposed to love each other. I feel like maybe he's the right one in my next life", I smiled softly.

"God I feel so single talking to you", Lexi laughed making me join in on it.

We continued our shopping trip and actually got a few cute things like the ballons, glitter to put on the floors, silver garlands, and more stuff.

Because Cassie had been so weird lately I got closer to Lexi and honestly, I loved it. Lexi had always been the more logical sister, you could talk to her and she would always give you the perfect advice without judging you one bit.