Chapter 23

Jedi Temple

It's been a few hours since the defeat on Ryloth and the Jedi and the Senate were discussing about the mandalorians involvement in the war. No one knew if this was a rouge group of mandalorians or if all of mandalore was going to war with the republic. As of now the republic was demanding mandalore to say if they had any involvement in the attack and were waiting for a response from them.

With the Jedi they were about to discuss about the same thing and those that couldn't make it were in a hologram as they all sat down to discuss some of the issues throughout the galaxy.

As they settle down windu is the first to begin the discussion. "I'm sure you all heard about the rumors about Ryloth and how it played out. Well for the most part it is true. Ryloth is lost." Windu says as everyone starts to talk amongst each other.

"Not only that but we may have another enemy to deal with. It seems mandalore had sided with the Terrans and had attacked us forcing me and Kenobi to retreat." Windu says.

"We don't know if it was Mandalore that was associated with the attack yet." Obi-wan quickly adds.

"I met with Duchess Satine a few weeks ago and she was still strongly against the idea of entering the war. This could have been the work of a rouge group of mandalorians." Obi-wan says not believing duchess satine would authorize an attack on the republic.

"And how do you know they would keep that promise Kenobi. You seen it with your own eyes. Hundreds of mandalorian ships slaughtering your men and you are still trying to defend them." Windu says confident that they lied to him.

"But even if they didn't have a part to do with the attack, they will still face consequences for their people's actions against us." Another Jedi says.

"Because of them we've just lost a major asset that could've helped us in the war."

"That seems like the most reasonable response to this. If something like this was to continue to happen, then it would only cause more casualties and setbacks in the long run." Another says as many agree.

"And what about the terrans? Any useful knowledge about them? We know that their navy is not to be messed with, but what about their ground forces?" Ki-Adi-Mundi says curiously.

"Well just like their navy, their army is well trained and experienced. I've never seen some of the tactics they use in war before and some of them were extremely effective against us. They may even be better than the clones and mandalorians when it comes to combat." Obi-wan says holding his beard as this shocks some of them.

"But the thing that baffles me the most though is that their military seems to use slugthrowers as the standard weapon." Obi-wan says in thought as many start to whisper to each other.

"What worries me the most is that we still know almost nothing about them. We have no real numbers of their forces, planets, technology, or even where they are coming from. We have nothing when it comes to intelligence on them." Obi-wan says thinking of the consequences on not knowing about these things.

"And now that mandalore may be involved with the war. Things are about to get more chaotic." A Jedi says.

"If they are involved with the attack on Ryloth I want to start another diplomatic mission over there." Obi-wan says.

"Kenobi I don't think that will get us anywhere. You said it yourself last time. They knew where the terrans were coming from and they didn't disclose it to us. They must have been plotting against us the entire time." Windu says as some even agree with this.

"I'm still going. Something must have happened in order for something like this to happen." Obi-wan says thinking of the possible situations that may have happened.